Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

17720327.gif
Name for the bird on your avatar?

I might celebrate tonight

The Fa cup ties fall right between the EL ones, we also have the league position to maintain.
We cant win a title, which some want, or maintain a top 4 challenge playing the first team each competition.
There are just a few clubs in the PL who can field really strong sides in each.
They are the 3 clubs who have won it between them in all but 4 times in the PL era.
It is the same situation most seasons now.
There is no right or wrong in what competition we decide to prioritize.
But the 1 thing I hope poch doesn't do again this season is play half a starting 11 as it won't be enough to win any of the domestic cups. So you are just tiring out half your best 11 for no gain.

You know, I spent most of that game telling myself that it's better for us to have less games so going out of the Cup is ok ... then the commentator said, "I wonder if this will be the last FA Cup game at White Hart Lane" and I got a bit emotional, what with our history in the FA Cup and all.

That win has me feeling proud and sad at the same time ... I wish I could get over there and see one more game at the Lane :pochsulk:
had the same feelings joe...but at least irelands a little closer so i might get over to a game before the rebuild

It was a car crash, albeit a stupendous one which ended gloriously.

We gave Wycombe and their fans hope, belief, joy and with some cruelty reminded them that there is no god, is that not what football is all about???

Fair play, we pulled it round. Relieved.

However this display gives Poch more questions than answers, some of our squad players are nowhere near good enough to be playing for spurs. Like villa in the last round we are having to rely on senior players coming off the bench to win us games.

Son, trippier and winks performed today, Vinny did ok when he came on, our saviours were Dembele and delle. The rest of them were absolute garbage.
If I was poch the first thing I'd do is send onomah & CCV on loan. Not ready for the first team yet.

Back
Top Bottom