Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's no such thing as a decent stream...

It's either in Cantonese, or, if you're lucky enough to get it in English, is still a full 2 minutes behind the action...
I surely can't be the only one to have experienced that weird phenomenon of knowing we've scored before I see it on the stream!
It's a strange sensation, a stilted, disjointed, delayed reaction, as you don't believe it till you see it... even though the Radio Commentary says we've scored... and Livescore says we've scored... and even Paul Merson says we've scored on Soccer SaTURDay!!!
...yet I somehow still can't celebrate properly till i've seen it with my own two eyes!

Maybe I'm skewed by too many years of false dawns... clearly!!
Acestream, combined with Reddit Soccer Streams is wonderful. Perfect HD stream with no buffering and no ads, for free, every time.

I'm looking forward to this.

Nothing like an FA Cup game at 3pm at the Lane...
Tottenham Hotspur vs Wycombe Wanderers
>> FA Cup << Fourth round
Saturday 28 January, >> 3p.m <<
>> The Lane <<

hang on... it's exactly like an FA Cup game... at 3p.m... at The Lane!

....oh, is that a pre-preposition Lemon syllabub????

Last edited:
To be honest, I absolutely cannot see Wycombe getting anything from this at all. Our second team is more than capable of thumping a league two team. I'm extremely confident of a 2 or 3-0 win at least.

But it's near the 'Nice bit' of The Thames... not the filthy grimey London bit!
It's Posher than N17 that's for sure!
Wycombe is an absolute shithole. There are some nice villages within a 20-minute drive, but the town itself is utterly mingin'. I wouldn't say it's posher than N17: it's bleak, bland and thoroughly depressing. At least we have decent Turkish food...

:pochohshit:

Wycombe is an absolute shithole. There are some nice villages within a 20-minute drive, but the town itself is utterly mingin'. I wouldn't say it's posher than N17: it's bleak, bland and thoroughly depressing. At least we have decent Turkish food...

Yeah... but they've probably still got a Wendy's, Wimpy and a Taco Bell...

you do the Math!

Yeah... but... but... but... whenever Football Fuckarse or FA CUP Match Of The Day do a 'piece' from there... it's always "Leafy Adams Park" or something similar... They've brought in that 'transparency' thing now at the BEEB... they can't describe 'shitholes' as 'leafy' any more...
IT MUST BE POSH... AND LEAFY... OR I WANT MY LICENSE FEE BACK!

I like the town centre. I wouldn't call it bleak.

A young Austrian international who hasn't played that much and a youngster, ideal for an old lump like Akinfenwa to try and bully.

Obviously they'll technically be far superior to defenders we usually play, but it's hard to defend brute force and nouse if you don't have much experience.
I've seen Akinfenwa get done over by Rui Marques. I suspect we'll be ok.

CCV will not be bullied.

Yeah... but... but... but... whenever Football Fuckarse or FA CUP Match Of The Day do a 'piece' from there... it's always "Leafy Adams Park" or something similar... They've brought in that 'transparency' thing now at the BEEB... they can't describe 'shitholes' as 'leafy' any more...
IT MUST BE POSH... AND LEAFY... OR I WANT MY LICENSE FEE BACK!
It is leafy. Very leafy.

We don't have a Wimpys, Wendies or Taco Bell that I can think of. Wycombe is a bit of a shithole though. As someone said earlier, there are some beautiful villages and countryside around the town (Turville, Skirmett, Hambledon), but the town itself is grim, grey, concrete and depressing. The photos of the town centre above are not really representative.

However, our stadium is quite nice, surrounded on 3 sides by rolling green hills and woods. Unfortunately, it is at the end of an industrial estate too.

They are representative of the town centre - of course they are. They are not representative of the town as a whole. Do you live there?
Yes, I live here. Those two photos are of the only nice buildings in the town centre. And they are taken at such angles to avoid most of the other buildings around them. That area used to be the centre point of the town, but the new shopping centre has changed it. The old High Street pictured is declining a bit now.

Yes, I live here. Those two photos are of the only nice buildings in the town centre. And they are taken at such angles to avoid most of the other buildings around them. That area used to be the centre point of the town, but the new shopping centre has changed it. The old High Street pictured is declining a bit now.

Well it's all opinion - I've been to Middlesbrough - I know what a shithole is. I use the Rose & Crown to watch Spurs when I can't get to the game. Decent, old fashioned pub. I'm sure you know it.

Back
Top Bottom