Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can basically give you the Wycombe team already, provided we don't pick up any injuries this week:

---------------------------- Blackman -------------------------------

Jombati ------------ Pierre -------- Stewart --------- Jacobson

---------------- O'Nien ------------------- Gape -----------------

---------------------------- Saunders --------------------------------

------- Kashket ------ Akinfenwa ------- Cowan-Hall -------

We are unbeaten in our last 17 meaningful games, with Kashket, Akinfenwa, Gape, Blackman and Jacobson all in brilliant form. I am optimistic tbh, and expect us to put up a good fight, especially if you play your reserves. Jombati at right back is the weak link IMO. He could easily get exploited.
Poch doesnt like that word, says Conte and PEP.

I found out a little on Kashket after the draw was made. Sounds like he's developed quite the little n' large team with Akinfenwa.

Any idea why he was so poorly managed by the owner of his last club?
A mix of things. Firstly, he is very injury-prone. He's missed over half of our season already, and keeps on picking up 1-2 game knocks. For example, he hasn't scored since last month because he has only made 2 sub appearances in January so far. He came on for the last 20 minutes against Luton, and immediately changed the game, just missing 3 chances that he'd created from nothing by about half a foot.
Secondly, Orient's owner is just a complete idiot. If you go on Orient's forum you will find out a lot more about him. There are rumours that the owner had a private argument with Kashket's dad, and refused to let him play from then on. There are also rumours of anti-semitism against him.
Finally, lots of people simply thought he was too small.

You've only given us an allocation of 4050, so that is how many we're taking. We wanted at least 5000, but your reduced capacity means that we weren't given as much as normal.
...why, do Wycombe normally get 5k when they play at WHL?

I thought this was a first time visit for your lot... you've hardly set a precedent!
:llorishuh::pocheyes:

...why, do Wycombe normally get 5k when they play at WHL?

I thought this was a first time visit for your lot... you've hardly set a precedent!
:llorishuh::pocheyes:
Normality is the supposed 15% of WHL's normal 36,000 capacity (for FA Cup matches). However, work on your new stadium means that you have special conditions which is fair enough. I wasn't complaining at all. I was just replying to the question about how many fans we are bringing.

Normality is the supposed 15% of WHL's normal 36,000 capacity (for FA Cup matches). However, work on your new stadium means that you have special conditions which is fair enough. I wasn't complaining at all. I was just replying to the question about how many fans we are bringing.
Awww, I was merely pulling your plonker due to the fact that so far, this is looking and feeling like the friendliest FA Cup tie EV-VERRRRR!

There's gotta be some spice to it... and why not pull you up on a mere turn of phrase??
It's about as aggro as it's gonna get!
:wansum:

:kaneear:

Awww, I was merely pulling your plonker due to the fact that so far, this is looking and feeling like the friendliest FA Cup tie EV-VERRRRR!

There's gotta be some spice to it... and why not pull you up on a mere turn of phrase??
It's about as aggro as it's gonna get!
:wansum:

:kaneear:
Remember Marlow in '93? That was pretty friendly.

I do. That was the one that was their home game and it was played at the Lane. Spurs did the programme and they had the home receipts wasn't it?

The club have staggered the ticket sales. It is actually impossible for us to have sold out by now.
My point exactly, you have not even got enough members to sell out. The equivalent would be us getting a 50k away allocation then complaining it is not enough. No one should moan about having to wait till general sale, it is their fault, no matter how many games they have been to.

:p

I really hope we don't descend to abusing Wycombe on Saturday. Unless you have been involved in a lower league, or in my case Non League, F.A. Cup tie, you have no idea how big a deal this is to them.

Play nicely, boys. :pochserious2:

If they start with all the usual "shall we sing a song for you" crap, they should expect the wrath like anyone else would.

:nawty:

I heard Edwards may be on the bench for this, damn that would be exciting.

Hope his first team training see's him on the bench for some league games too. Would be better than having numerous defenders on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom