Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd take a draw, anything that slows them down.

Right now they have to be the favourites in terms of form and with our injuries.

The hope is they fold like they did last year, but the momentum was very different that day, we had it. This time they have it.

I hope the crowd are on form for this one. Last time even on tv it was clear to see that the Spurs supporters were in fine form and made the stadium a hostile fortress. If they can do that again it’ll hopefully rattle the gooners and gee up our boys.
I hope that too!

But it would also be nice if we showed everyone who runs against us at Tottenham Hotspur that they have to play against 11+1 here?!!

I'd take a draw, anything that slows them down.

Right now they have to be the favourites in terms of form and with our injuries.

The hope is they fold like they did last year, but the momentum was very different that day, we had it. This time they have it.
Maybe, distance for scouse, but one thing they don't have - that power that's going to come from the ranks - that creates a whole different feeling.

And against these bastards, that's especially important!

I wish I could be there! garbage disposal!

This is simply a must not lose. A draw would be okay.

Aside from 45 mins against a poor Palace side our form has been pretty poor and if we don't have Kulu and Bentancur back I won't be confident.

Gil has shown some promise in the last two appearances but there is no indication he can produce on this kind of stage yet. Son remains a shadow of his former self. We can't rely on Kane alone to be our creator and goalscorer against the better sides.

We need to get our injured players back from injury.

I honestly feel like the scum have been lucky so far this season and they will come crashing down soon. I just don't think they're has good as what people are saying they are.
Hopefully we hand them a big fat loss and start their downfall.

They are not as good as their points suggest. No chance but neither can we deny they have been the team in form.

Where they have benefited thus far is lack of key injuries, Jesus aside, but there has been instability at Chelsea and United, there is Liverpool's demise and our constant inconsistency.

It is not hard to see why they and Newcastle have done well even if for both it's still surprising to me at least. City hover large as ever.

Sunday is far more important for them than us though. It's they who have to show they are the real deal and I think they will wilt unless we self implode, which as we know is more than possible.

We do need one at least of Kulusevski, Bentancur and Richarlison back and in form as soon as though.

If we find 3 players who move into the 8 out 10 bracket between now and season end top 4 and maybe higher is well within reach.

There won't be any atmosphere unless the team absolutely sprints out of the blocks and scores a couple of early goals.
Otherwise it'll be 60k people with shredded nerves and a total lack of patience.

Please don't wish injuries on any player, just asking for bad karma!
Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman like the Easter bunny and Santa....Karma does not exist.Take a good look around at planet earth. Some of the best are living in hell the most vile like Kings.

You can honestly believe what you wish. I have zero quams about hoping they get a big old spate of injuries before our game. You can chuck salt over your shoulder and avoid as many ladders as you wish. If I had this strange power to effect events I'd not be wasting it on a NLD, I'd be working on Ukraine and South Sudan protecting kids.

Do you really think we are in that bad shape Matt?
Well we have been piss poor against every decent side/rival we've faced this season.

- Scraped a lucky draw against Chavs having been bossed for most of it (they now sit 10th in the league)
- Failed to beat this shit West Ham side
- Easily brushed aside at the Emirates (cheers Emerson)
- Didn't lay a glove on United (this was before Ten Haag got them playing well)
- Lost at home to the barcodes
- Customary home defeat to this shaky Liverpool team

We then conceded 7 goals in 3 games against Leeds, Brentford and Villa.

If anything the Palace result looks like a bit of an anomaly.

I know "form goes out the window" in a NLD but we have really struggled against any team with a bit about them this season.

I think having a whole week to focus on a game has typically resulted in something good with Conte. Sounds like Kulu will be back, and with Gil running with confidence I don't think it's as doom and gloom as it may first seem.

Be interesting to see what team them lot put out tonight, they don't have much depth so they'll either have to go full U23's or some of the first team will have to feature.

I hope the crowd are on form for this one. Last time even on tv it was clear to see that the Spurs supporters were in fine form and made the stadium a hostile fortress. If they can do that again it’ll hopefully rattle the gooners and gee up our boys.

Fortunately the NLD is the game everyone turns up to. Swear half the ST holders near me sell their seats for 60% of games

Do you really think we are in that bad shape Matt?
Yes.

I think Son is a complete shadow of himself. I'd say he's almost as ineffective as Dele at the moment.
Richarlison is injured. Kulu, we don't know. So it's entirely possible we start with Kane, Son and Gil. That 3 will struggle against a mean Woolwich defence.
That will be compounded by not having Bentancur in the middle and possibly not even having Bissouma. We could well have PEH and Skipp in the middle. Skipp will probably get booked early or sent off as that seems to be his objective every game. I'm anti religion, but I'm praying we don't start Royal, but maybe Conte will feel he offers some defensive qualities Doherty doesn't.
Then there's the actual defence. I'm shuddering just thinking about it right now. Which clown can clown the most? Or will it be Lloris? Any one/all of them can and do conspire to put chances on a plate, especially when the balls in our box - a style the scum like to play. They're not gonna put deep crosses in for Dier to head them away. They're going to play the ball into the box and get players in there. Will it be Lloris fumbling, will it be Dier brain farting? Will it be Romero lunging?

Throw in the fairly obvious lack of enthusiasm from the home fans at the moment. It feels like it's going to be easy as pie Arse to come and take the points and their fans will have a good day out.
And for all that, I really can't decide if I want to give up my Sunday for it.

Well we have been piss poor against every decent side/rival we've faced this season.

- Scraped a lucky draw against Chavs having been bossed for most of it (they now sit 10th in the league)
- Failed to beat this shit West Ham side
- Easily brushed aside at the Emirates (cheers Emerson)
- Didn't lay a glove on United (this was before Ten Haag got them playing well)
- Lost at home to the barcodes
- Customary home defeat to this shaky Liverpool team

We then conceded 7 goals in 3 games against Leeds, Brentford and Villa.

If anything the Palace result looks like a bit of an anomaly.

I know "form goes out the window" in a NLD but we have really struggled against any team with a bit about them this season.

Yes.

I think Son is a complete shadow of himself. I'd say he's almost as ineffective as Dele at the moment.
Richarlison is injured. Kulu, we don't know. So it's entirely possible we start with Kane, Son and Gil. That 3 will struggle against a mean Woolwich defence.
That will be compounded by not having Bentancur in the middle and possibly not even having Bissouma. We could well have PEH and Skipp in the middle. Skipp will probably get booked early or sent off as that seems to be his objective every game. I'm anti religion, but I'm praying we don't start Royal, but maybe Conte will feel he offers some defensive qualities Doherty doesn't.
Then there's the actual defence. I'm shuddering just thinking about it right now. Which clown can clown the most? Or will it be Lloris? Any one/all of them can and do conspire to put chances on a plate, especially when the balls in our box - a style the scum like to play. They're not gonna put deep crosses in for Dier to head them away. They're going to play the ball into the box and get players in there. Will it be Lloris fumbling, will it be Dier brain farting? Will it be Romero lunging?

Throw in the fairly obvious lack of enthusiasm from the home fans at the moment. It feels like it's going to be easy as pie Arse to come and take the points and their fans will have a good day out.

Yes.

Yep Lloris and Dier the main culprits. If we can get through the game without either of those throwing/kicking the ball into their own net we have half a chance.

Call me crazy but I would start Sarr and Gil in this game even if the others return from injury.

I'd bring Sonny off the bench too.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Back
Top Bottom