Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This Saturday will be nowhere near a true measuring stick of just how good we are compared to the week after when we play at Anfield.

Mate, we know where we are with all respect.

Neither game will tell us what the first 8 games haven't.

We have a squad that needs refreshing and players and manager who need to wake up from their slumber.

Last edited:
Mate, we know where we are with all respect.

Neither game will tell us what the first 8 games haven't.

We have a squad that needs refreshing and players and manager to wxke up from their slumber.
I appreciate that but my point was just how big the gap is between us being genuine title contenders and where we are today will be much more realistically illustrated a week on Saturday. Whatever the outcome against Watford our weaknesses will only be truly exposed when we play Liverpool.

I’ve really enjoyed enjoyed this last 10 days without any Spurs. Another four days of holidays still. I really feel my quality of life has improved and I’m fretting a lot less.

I’ve really enjoyed enjoyed this last 10 days without any Spurs. Another four days of holidays still. I really feel my quality of life has improved and I’m fretting a lot less.
Yes, it has been lovely not to worry about football for a while, but give it a few days and the anxiety will start to grow. Ridiculous that we have come to this, just have to hope that the players are going to turn up for this one. Surely even they must realise that they must get their finger out and perform.

--------------------Gazza-------------------------
Foyth----Sanchez----Vertonghen----Davies
--------------------Skipp--------------------------
-----------Winks--------Ndombele-------------
Lamela-------------------------------------Lucas
--------------------Kane---------------------------

Sonny will probably be quite leggy after coming back from the far east. Lamela will be fresh as a daisy.

We must start trying the 4-3-3 with a DM and Skipp is the future.

Our bench would look strong too. Vorm, Alderweireld, Dier, Sissoko, Dele, Eriksen, Son

We need to offer something a little different to stop Watford playing their usual antics; which will be to bully our midfield and defenders. We seem to be weak from set pieces and I suspect they will target us here.

If I were Poch, I'd be working on our defense of set pieces. Win the ball on the corner and get it up the field as quickly as possible to Son / Lucas / Lamela.

I expect Son will be fit as by all accounts the game vs NK wasn't to taxing.

Alli needs to get back playing, We were the best team against Bayern in the first half; with Dele on the field. We know he has quality and need his creativity more than Lamela's running.

Watford will smell blood from the get go and their coach will want them to rattle us early - so expect an early onslaught.

My prediction is a 1-1 draw; with Spurs picking up a late equaliser.

This is no time to experiment with Skipp or out of form Dele or want away Eriksen.

We need to be solid and strong at the back and middle and fluid upfront

Gazz
Foyth Sanchez Vert Davies
Sissoko Winks
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane

3-0

We should be looking to play something like this until January when we can sort out some of our problems.

[FORMATION=5212,Gazzaniga,Sissoko,Alderweireld,Sanchez,Vertonghen,Rose,Ndombele,Winks,Alli,Son,Kane][/FORMATION]

Need a bit of luck on our side, which we haven't had for a while. But if they announce Mike Dean as ref then the FA is definitely trying to sabotage us.
Otherwise, let's see what type of character exists within the group in this situation moving forward.

Any team worth their salt plays 4-3-3. I don't know why Poch is so reluctant.

Gazzaniga

Foyth
Sanchez
Jan
Davies

Winks
Ndombele
Lamela

Lucas
Kane
Son

Worth a try surely. I know we are missing a Busquets type player to play in that midfield, but Winks proved he can play in that link up role for England. Bearing in mind the position we are in at the moment anything is worth a try.

Any team worth their salt plays 4-3-3. I don't know why Poch is so reluctant.

Gazzaniga

Foyth
Sanchez
Jan
Davies

Winks
Ndombele
Lamela

Lucas
Kane
Son

Worth a try surely. I know we are missing a Busquets type player to play in that midfield, but Winks proved he can play in that link up role for England. Bearing in mind the position we are in at the moment anything is worth a try.
I think the formation doesn't jive with his philosophy.

I'd like if we could go back to a 3-4-3 since we are lacking a proper dedicated right back it seems (Kyle's existence not withstanding, poor lad). Put another CB in to strengthen defense, and congest our midfield some more.

Its worth pointing out that Watford aren't very good. They sit bottom of the table and haven't won a game yet. This should be a confidence boosting display for us and a chance to put 3 or 4 past them.

Then again, I said the same thing about Brighton.

Back
Top Bottom