Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hold up, are you saying it is legitimate for professional footballers to stop trying to win games if the do not "approve"?
No but you typed "Now players do not want Poch"....explain to me please just why you think that situation suddenly developed, how did it come about ??

Last edited:
No, you can sack him and and hire a new one. Who you can sack again next time the same players down tools.

Which they will do , and do so much, much quicker the 2nd time, now they got rewarded for it first time around.
They will not be there after another manager arrives. New ideas, new plans, new players.

No, you can sack him and and hire a new one. Who you can sack again next time the same players down tools.

Which they will do , and do so much, much quicker the 2nd time, now they got rewarded for it first time around.

modern football innit. I’m not disagreeing but it’s how it is.

Now but you typed "Now players do not want Poch"....explain to me please just why you think that situation suddenly developed, how did it come about ??

I didn't invent that fact. I was just mocking the general tone of the entire debate. It is taken as a certain.

As far as I can tell, we do not in fact know for certain whether the players do or do not want Poch. That is just an assumption made up by the media, by the ex-pro punters (the ones who were too thick or unemployable in a real football job, e.g. coaching) and the Spurs fans, for whom transfer speculation, manager carrousels and web 2.0 are much more important than the actual football.

So how did the situation develop?

What we do know is, that certain players were highly unhappy with their contracts and/or not being allowed to leave, most notably Eriksen, Toby, Jan. Along with players who are obviously unwanted like Aurier and Wanyama they are plainly bottling everything. Then you have Dele, who has transferred from footballer into fashion designer, something so destructive to his game that he recently had to distance himself from it altogether.

IMHO we were all wrong about it being a victory in itss own right retaining them. Keeping our best players. They should have been fucked off.

From where I sit the biggest blunder Poch made was including them in the squad at all. Should have been excluded with all focus being on the present players.

Last edited:
I didn't invent that fact. I was just mocking the general tone of the entire debate. It is taken as a certain.

As far as I can tell, we do not in fact know for certain whether the players do or do not want Poch. That is just an assumption made up by the media, by the ex-pro punters (the ones who were to thick or unemployable in a real football job, e.g. coaching) and the Spurs fans, for whom transfer speculation, manager carrousels and web 2.0 are much more important than the actual football.

So how did the situation develop?

What we do know is, that certain players were highly unhappy with their contracts and/or not being allowed to leave, most notably Eriksen, Toby, Jan. Along with players who are obviously unwanted like Aurier and Wanyama they are plainly bottling everything. Then you have Dele, who has transferred from footballer into fashion designer, something to destructive to his game that he resently had to distance himself from it altogether.

IMHO we were all wrong about it being a victory in it's own right retaining them. Keeping our best players. They should have been fucked off.

From where I sit the biggest blunder Poch made was including them in the squad at all. Should have been excluded with all focus being on the present players.
But you are happy with Poch's tactics, changes, media communication, rotation and results overall in 2019?

But you are happy with Poch's tactics, changes, media communication, rotation and results overall in 2019?

I am the least happy with the persistent selection of the rebels. I am unhappy with the in-game tactics, in particular diamond formation and too late subs. I am a bit unhappy with the communication, then again what he says is true.

None of the above comes even close to the disgust I feel towards the players, who simply have chosen to stop playing football without a shadow of remorse, excuse or even just a hint of feelings. Fucking disgusting.

Well you're a little ray of sunshine on a dull day....
You ever thought of doing the pre-match team talk??

His last paragraph betrayed him, though;

He demonstrated, that deep within Spurs fans know that when Poch does get sacked, he won't be given a "second chance" with Stoke or Getafe. Should he choose to leave before that, it will not be to try something different with Celtic or Sporting.

It's bloody likely to be Man Utd. A club we have only ever once in half a century put behind us consistently not only under Poch but clearly because of Poch. We want to sack a manager, which a bigger club wants. Hell, bigger clubs. He wouldn't be out of depth at Real Madrid or PSG, also odds on destinations.

We all know it. Yet many of us still speak Talksport. "Oi Oi, lost the dressing room, innit, sacked in the morning, tell ya". Souldraining to see so many supporters buying the theatric illusion of the game.

Just fucking win.

If we need to play the under 21's to put out an 11 that is motivated then do it.

Personally i think that Poch has done more than enough to earn him some good grace - at least until the end of the season. Where we finish doesn't really matter at this point - relegation aside. Just use the rest of the year to start building Spurs 2.0.

We're at a point where its not gonna just fix itself after a few weeks on the training ground or having the new signings available. So give him the time or you may as well get rid now.

Unfortunately the mass media and keyboard slappers are already baying for blood. They demand action. "I don't click on illegal streams from my bedroom to have to put up with this shit every week"

One / Two more loss(es) and he is dead in the water. And that really saddens me.

Last edited:
What are the odds Poch goes crazy and starts all the youngins and new boys?

Seems like Levy is willing to give Poch time and is backing him, in his way, in January and next summer based on the THST meeting notes.

The starting point for selection is the last match's team.

• 1LlorisSubstituted forGazzanigaat 8'minutes
  • 17Sissoko
  • 4Alderweireld
  • 5Vertonghen
  • 33Davies
  • 28NdombeleSubstituted forWinksat 45'minutes
  • 15DierBooked at 55mins
  • 11Lamela
  • 23Eriksen
  • 7Son Heung-MinSubstituted forLucas Mouraat 73'minutes
  • 10Kane
Now Gazza will definitely start as will Kane but all the others are doubtful. I do not agree with chucking out those whose contracts expire or playing a load of untried youngsters.
We have another big match on tuesday and many cannot play both. Foyth and Son have had long journeys and I would save them for tuesday.
We have played a back 3 against Watford in the past but with our Full backs not posing an attacking threat it leaves us too short in the attacking department in a match we need to win and not draw.
If KWP cannot get in the team for this match then he must consider himself unlikely to play under Poch again. Despite my reservations about Sanchez I would play him with either Toby or Jan. Rose is playing poorly and I would play Davies.
Dier and Dele need a run of games to get back in form but we cannot afford them both to play at present. I would stick with Dier. Ndombele needs to be persevered with.
Playing all of Son, Moura and Kane did not work last time and Moura deserves a chance but Son will play Tuesday. I am assuming Gio is not fit to start leaving lamela and Eriksen to make up the 11.
Gazza, KWP, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Dier, Ndombele, Lamela, Eriksen, Moura Kane.
I would not be surprised to see Winks or Skipp play but really do not want to see Sissoko for this match.

No idea how the match will go but 2 defeats next week and Poch should surely go.

Kept away from football since the Brighton game, I think this will be Poch's last game as we go down 2 or 3 nil.
There is no fight out there, genuinely worried and Anfield after this, where we might see the first declaration in football.
Whoever the new manager is will have an uphill task getting this lot back into Europe.

Back
Top Bottom