Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Read a couple of articles on this exact point. After the first year of Poch's tenure we have moved away from the high intensity press because of the toll it takes come February. Better finishes to the season using counter-attacks and only using the press at the "right" time. Midfield aren't aligned with the front 3 and we're getting passed through. Brighton was a very clear demo on how to dismantle us.
Interesting, it's definitely making our defence look a lot worse than they are, we badly miss some steel, mobility, ball retention and defensive intelligence in the middle of the park (not asking for much lol), all the top teams have someone who can play there.

More pressure on the defense for sure. Maybe Toby and Jan aren't as good in this setup? Not sure - At their best, I think they are as good a partnership as I've seen but time takes its toll on us all so I wonder why Sanchez doesn't play more.

Last edited:
Sanchez looked great when he got thrust in for the 2017/18 season when Toby was out. I think playing week in week out really benefits him. Playing sporadically doesn't suit him. I think its time we give him the regular game time now, not fucking RB just CB.

Funny....I take it you watch every single one of our players internationals to be able to say theyve been poor then?

The times Ive watched Sanchez for Columbia he´s been good. Like Toby and Jan for Belgium arent playing like old clowns, and like Ndombele looks like a world beater for France.

Funny how they keep getting called up.

The only one whos been total shit it Dele, and I called it two years ago when you all wanted to claim he was brilliant.

I was told three years ago when we were good that this team "Hasnt even peaked yet!!!!! Just wait!!!"

Yet when they should be peaking, suddenly they are all old and stale and knackered and past it.
And its not the manager, despite these players still getting called up?
so not as black and white as you make out, and where did I say they've all been poor?

Has anyone said 'must win' yet?

It's not a "must win" because a win will just keep Poch going on life support when the machine needs to be turned off. Poch isn't going to turn things around, the situation is only going to get worse - a home defeat to a winless side at the bottom of the league might be enough to inspire Levy to release the moths from his wallet.

Well he doesn't he got shown up at the world cup and I take it you watch all yh Colombia games?
Kane has been patchy for England, eriksen scores regularly for Denmark but no t sure how he's actually played. Add into the mix no language barriers, less pressure, some shocking opponents.
Yes it's probably a break from what is going on at the club but it's clearly not as black and white as your answer and another stick to beat Pochettino with.
On the subject of Sanchez he's been real good for Colombia post world cup when they switched managers. Their new manager is known for being able to put together strong defenses so he has obviously benefited from working with him. Sanchez was great in the Copa America.

What's the youngest team we could legally play against these lot...?

I say fuck it... get ALL the youngsters out there... no fear!
Watford won't know what's hit 'em!

Whiteman
Sessegnon
Sanchez
Foyth
Whoever our U-12's LB is...
Skipp
Winks
Troy Parrott
Anthony Georgiou
Anthony Costa (at least he CARES about Spurs!)
Poch Jnr... (I assume HE still listens to Poch Snr.?)
Vinny Samways
Paul Moran
Mark Robson
Neale Fenn
Jonathan Obika
Jonathan Blondel
Terry Dixon...

Fuckin' let's HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Deliberately mixing this up to see what you all think:

————-——Gazz————————
Foyth—Toby—Sanchez—Davies
—-Sissoko—Ndombele—Winks—