Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure what else Poch can do about the slide.
Lots of people called for Aurier to be back in the team, that KWP wasn't good enough - Poch put him in the team and Serge has turned to absolute shit
lots of people called for sissoko at RB - Poch put him in at RB and he was absolute shit
Lots of people called for Dier to be back as DM - Poch did that and he was absolute shit
Lots of people asked for the 4231 to be brought back with a DM - Poch did that and it was absolute shit
I think its probably time.

For me it's a lose/ lose situation. Beating Watford at home will prove the square root of nothing. My Sunday league could probably do that. If we lose, the ramifications are horrific.
I think we have to put on a gutsy, determined and tough performance at Anfield, win or lose with attitude for most of us to believe again.
Unless of course we do lose to Watford in which case we're fucked seven ways to Sunday.

Gazza

KWP
Sanchez
Foyth
Rose

N'Dombele
Winks
Sissoko

Lamela
Lucas
Kane

Those midfield 3 don't work but I'm not sure what the alternative is. My initial reaction was to replace Sissoko with Skipp but I feel like that's harsh on Moussa. Son/Lucas/Kane as a front 3 doesn't work either but who do you drop out of Son and Lucas? Lucas definitely doesn't deserve to not play but Son can bring the magic (at times). Lamela is a must for me, he brings a tenacity level that nobody else does.

KWP may not be good enough but he was given a new contract less than a year ago so he must be at least better than Aurier/Sissoko/Sanchez/Dier at RB. Give him a proper run in the team. I'd be tempted to keep Jan in if we're gonna start with one of the two Belgies but for me Poch needs to wield the axe with players that aren't fully committed. Rose gets an inclusion because his effort, for me, is not questionable (and Davies is not attacking enough).

For me if we have to play one of Toby or Jan, surely it has to be Jan with Lloris out. We do need some sort of leadership if everyone wants a young back four. Although admittedly we haven’t seen much leadership from Jan this season.

Can Aurier start this match?
Poch made Trippier 1st choice RB last season and never dropped him, I wonder if the same this season.

So why does Sanchez always look like the player he was at Ajax for Columbia?
Well he doesn't he got shown up at the world cup and I take it you watch all yh Colombia games?
Kane has been patchy for England, eriksen scores regularly for Denmark but no t sure how he's actually played. Add into the mix no language barriers, less pressure, some shocking opponents.
Yes it's probably a break from what is going on at the club but it's clearly not as black and white as your answer and another stick to beat Pochettino with.

Well he doesn't he got shown up at the world cup and I take it you watch all yh Colombia games?
Kane has been patchy for England, eriksen scores regularly for Denmark but no t sure how he's actually played. Add into the mix no language barriers, less pressure, some shocking opponents.
Yes it's probably a break from what is going on at the club but it's clearly not as black and white as your answer and another stick to beat Pochettino with.
Eriksen scored one pen (out of one) for Denmark and missed all 3 for Spurs in the last 2 months. Because he cares for one and not the other?!

I’m actually really fucking excited and scared for this. I truly believe Poch hasn’t lost the players and this will be a turn around. Bayern was a mess and today was a mess but with an extended break and a youth injection, he will turn it around. I want to see youth and fight.

gazza
Kwp - Toby - Foyth - Davies
Winks - Skipp - NDombele
Lamela - Kane - Lucas

we still hold strong in attack and Lamela and Lucas will fight hard. Kane needs to be challenged by Poch to actually lead these guys and to chase every ball down. I want the young and hungry Kane back for this match (it’s a tactical choice to not run him into the ground again, but for this match I want him running himself to death).
I was wondering whether they've decided to make a tactical switch away from mental high pressing for the first half of the season as it usually leads to knackered players and a dip in form. Maybe they're trying to fake everyone out by looking dead on their feet and then will suddenly spring into life and finish the season strong for a change? (obviously with 4th place in mind) :pochfacepalm:

For me if we have to play one of Toby or Jan, surely it has to be Jan with Lloris out. We do need some sort of leadership if everyone wants a young back four. Although admittedly we haven’t seen much leadership from Jan this season.
I'm not sure Jan and Toby have gotten that much worse, it's a combination of the whole team not pressing and winning the ball back higher up the pitch and a lack of mobile full backs and a CDM to cover on quick counters. We seem to be absolute dog shit at dealing with a long ball over the top at the moment and that can be sorted out with better pressing as a unit until we can sign some decent pacey reinforcements.

Funny....I take it you watch every single one of our players internationals to be able to say theyve been poor then?

The times Ive watched Sanchez for Columbia he´s been good. Like Toby and Jan for Belgium arent playing like old clowns, and like Ndombele looks like a world beater for France.

Funny how they keep getting called up.

The only one whos been total shit it Dele, and I called it two years ago when you all wanted to claim he was brilliant.

I was told three years ago when we were good that this team "Hasnt even peaked yet!!!!! Just wait!!!"

Yet when they should be peaking, suddenly they are all old and stale and knackered and past it.
And its not the manager, despite these players still getting called up?

I was wondering whether they've decided to make a tactical switch away from mental high pressing for the first half of the season as it usually leads to knackered players and a dip in form. Maybe they're trying to fake everyone out by looking dead on their feet and then will suddenly spring into life and finish the season strong for a change? (obviously with 4th place in mind) :pochfacepalm:
Read a couple of articles on this exact point. After the first year of Poch's tenure we have moved away from the high intensity press because of the toll it takes come February. Better finishes to the season using counter-attacks and only using the press at the "right" time. Midfield aren't aligned with the front 3 and we're getting passed through. Brighton was a very clear demo on how to dismantle us.

I’ve given my tickets to a friend and his boy.

It’s the boys birthday and he really wants to see Spurs for the first time. (I promised this before we went to shit).
I’m really hoping I don’t damage him for life with this gift.

Don’t let me down Tottenham.

I think Watford will fancy this one because they had a good go at Sheffield Utd at the weekend and they know that our manager is a dead man walking and most of our team don't give a shit. They will relish the opportunity to beat us on our own patch.

I was hoping that Watford would go one better than Derby in 07/08 (relegated with only 1 win) and become the first team to be relegated without winning a game but, when it comes to fight and motivation, Watford may well have the edge on us for this one.

Maybe losing at home to Watford would actually do some good and force Levy to get rid of Poch so we can move forward. The 3-0 defeat to Brighton is where I felt he had to go.

Back
Top Bottom