Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

International break comes at a great time, it gives us a good chance to regroup and have those really important “clear the air talks”.

Players like Alli should not be despondent being dropped by England but instead look for the positives, like using the extended time off to really focus on his next fashion collection👏🏻

It also gives Jan & Toby some rest bite from the fast paced Premier league action to really sit down with their agents and throughly plan their next move and make sure their pay is adequate for players of their stature, never underestimate making a hasty decision lads as they almost never end well, so use this time wisely to dot all the I’s and cross all the T’s, I would hate for either of you to under sell yourselves👌

This time will also give Eriksen a chance to go on Danish TV yet again and repeat for about the 9 millionth time that he isn’t, i repeat isn’t signing a new deal at Spurs....Ah if only Poch & Levy had Danish TV🙄

It also give Hugo more time to recover before being thrust back into action, although Eric Dier had his fucking tonsils removed and was out for a year so Hugo should be back by 2024 with a dislocated shoulder🙏🏻

With all our global superstars away our youth players will get more one on one time with the manager to prove to him that Sissoko should play right back and making the match day squad is just a waste of a good Saturday afternoon but it beats shopping with the wife👠👜

And finally old McLevy finally has a break to look over the cash registers after a busy start to the season with all these new highly expensive experiences for the fan, and of course the NFL circus rolling into town as well....💷💰💶💰💷

Carlsberg don’t do international breaks, but if they did🏆

If Poch is still here, he has to be ruthless. No more Eriksen, Toby or Rose in the starting XI. Leave Eriksen in the stands. Put trust in the players that have a future with Tottenham. Even if they are rusty, we need players ready to give everything for the shirt. Jan has not been good and looks his age but I feel he cares about the club, he is not turning down contracts or trying to leave. He deserves one more chance.

Gazzaniga
Foyth Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Winks Dier Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son

Indeed, let's see what this gamble on Foyth being our future RB really holds... I want us to have a clear view so we can act accordingly in the Jan window....

Foyth - ????
Aurier - Done.
KWP - Pressumed Done.
Sanchez - Don't be so cruel.
Sissoko - Emergency cover.
Toby - Poch would have tried him ahead of Sanchez if he was going to.
Dier - The idea has never filled me with confidence.

....It's not pretty.

They’re almost local rivals to us and certainly their support see this as a local derby. You’d think home advantage would mean three points will be the likely outcome but on resent showings that is certainly no banker. I wonder could the manager survive another humiliation at the hands of a so-called lesser side?

Personally, I can’t see this negative period continuing and expect a home win, but should it not be case and we lose, I’ll then be convinced that the season is over unless Poch is sacked!

They’re almost local rivals to us and certainly their support see this as a local derby. You’d think home advantage would mean three points will be the likely outcome but on resent showings that is certainly no banker. I wonder could the manager survive another humiliation at the hands of a so-called lesser side?

Personally, I can’t see this negative period continuing and expect a home win, but should it not be case and we lose, I’ll then be convinced that the season is over unless Poch is sacked!

When you are as bad as we are there is no home advantage, the only way to win is to work harder than the opponent. If we do that we will win.

Brighton ran 7.5km more than us yesterday which is unacceptable against any opponent, hard work is the only way out of this mess. Even before the Hugo mistake yesterday we were lazy in the build up and allowed them to easily deliver a dangerous cross from their very first action. Any player who is unwilling or unable to run around until they are ready to puke, has no place in our squad.

When you are as bad as we are there is no home advantage, the only way to win is to work harder than the opponent. If we do that we will win.

Brighton ran 7.5km more than us yesterday which is unacceptable against any opponent, hard work is the only way out of this mess. Even before the Hugo mistake yesterday we were lazy in the build up and allowed them to easily deliver a dangerous cross from their very first action. Any player who is unwilling or unable to run around until they are ready to puke, has no place in our squad.

These players are more than capable of matching Brighton in terms of running; it doesn’t just happen over night that the players can’t run anymore. I think what we are seeing here is calculated player power over again; and when enough players get together to plot against their current manager the outcome is always the same.

The case in my opinion is that Levy has no intention of delivering the war chest for fresh faces that Poch has stated is needed if we are to go to the next level; and he instead [Levy] believes it is the managers job to make it work with what he has; but Poch believes-he taken this lot as far as he can go with them: In other words the manager is voicing his belief that what he has is not good enough and that in and of itself is rebellion talk.

Youth movement is the rage so let’s go. Everyone was poop today so let’s mix it up.

KWP-Foyth-Sanchez-Sessegnon
Ndombele-Skipp-Lo Celso
Lucas-Parrott-Dele

Bench: Whiteman, Kane, Son, Lamela, Dier, Davies, Winks
No keeper is a brave choice.

Sanchez and Foyth from here on in
It can't get be any worse, surely! Were they not purchased with the intention that they replace our ageing centre backs? We've got to play them to give them experience and not hang them out to day when they make the inevitable mistake(s).

I would say at least the crowd will be committed (if smaller) for this with less popcorn munchers but remembered the genius that was making members buy three matches at a time!
Nicely booked up until Chelski regardless then...
Just because people buy tickets, doesn't always mean they'll bother to turn up ;)
Just being facetious.........I'll be there, with knobs on !!!

Back
Top Bottom