Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1T86rcg.jpg

Whiteman, Aurier, Tanganga, Winks, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane
Just play Sissoko up front as targetman and Lucas as goalkeeper.

Been thinking about this.

Is it the game that Poch swings his bollocks and makes some serious changes.

Something like

--------------------------Gazzaniga----------------------------

---------Foyth------------Sanchez--------Davies------------

Sissoko--------------------------------------------------Rose

----------N'dombele--------Skipp--------Winks------------

---------------Kane--------------------Son--------------------

I'm think drop the players who want out (Rose is replaced with Sess) so give others a chance.

I've gone with three at the back for extra security and would demand the midfield three get really close to the back three without the ball. It creates a real solid unit down the centre which will hopefully help with the weaker more inexperienced team sheet. Across the pitch there are good potential combinations beyond the obvious ones. Foyth can play right back, so can support sissoho will play alongside his mate N'dombele. Same on the other side with Davies in behind Rose/Sessengon.

If were defending a lead we could even ask Son to go left midfield and N'dombele right to really sure things up.

For it to work we need Winks and N'dombele to be brave and run beyond the strikers and if we can pick some confidence up we can then slowly introduce Dele into the side in place of one of the midfielders .

I'm a know nothing prick but it feels like Poch needs to do something drastic to make a statement and turn things round.

New chapter, only players committed to the club

Gazza
Sissoko Foyth Sanchez Rose
Nodmbele Winks Lamela
Lucas Kane Son

Last edited:
I would say at least the crowd will be committed (if smaller) for this with less popcorn munchers but remembered the genius that was making members buy three matches at a time!
Nicely booked up until Chelski regardless then...

If Poch is still here, he has to be ruthless. No more Eriksen, Toby or Rose in the starting XI. Leave Eriksen in the stands. Put trust in the players that have a future with Tottenham. Even if they are rusty, we need players ready to give everything for the shirt. Jan has not been good and looks his age but I feel he cares about the club, he is not turning down contracts or trying to leave. He deserves one more chance.

Gazzaniga
Foyth Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Winks Dier Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son

If Poch is still here, he has to be ruthless. No more Eriksen, Toby or Rose in the starting XI. Leave Eriksen in the stands. Put trust in the players that have a future with Tottenham. Even if they are rusty, we need players ready to give everything for the shirt. Jan has not been good and looks his age but I feel he cares about the club, he is not turning down contracts or trying to leave. He deserves one more chance.

Gazzaniga
Foyth Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Winks Dier Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son
Sorry but by what logic or sense start Dier ahead of Sissoko?

Unfortunately Dier can't hold on to his own hand if today is anything to go by. He wasn't up to much before he was injured. Today I wouldn't even have him on the bench in a Sunday league squad.

I'm expecting catastrophic loss after catastrophic loss. I hold my hands up - this is a full-on snowflake you-worthless-gooner-cunt melt. After what I've witnessed today, and over the week as a whole, I have zero faith in them as a unit. When they go behind they show no desire to fight back. When they go ahead they wimp out and concede. There is no engine, no spark, nothing. Another crisis meeting will yield nothing. Poch will still play players who don't care. Some of the players who do care will barely get to see a game. Poch has lost the plot. The players have lost faith in themselves. Levy will continue to negotiate until the last second.

Sorry but by what logic or sense start Dier ahead of Sissoko?

Dier is a naturally defensive player, Sissoko has done poorly in that position. His lack of guile is part of the reason we have disintegrated ever since he became a starter.

Dier is incredibly rusty but why should everyone else be allowed to shit the bed repeatedly while he never gets a proper chance? He was a key player before and the only player in our squad who can realistically play in that CDM position at this point.

Genuinely who gives a fuck about this game right now, I'm stuck watching some bulshit with the missus because I cannot stomach match of the day anymore.
I used to just forward the spurs game to save the depression now I just don't bother watching any of it..

Playing the worst side of the League BY FAR. If Poch is still here and we don't win, it's definetely his last match. If Poch is not here, I'm expecting to win this comfortably simply because of the "new manager factor".

You mean the David Pleat factor?

Back
Top Bottom