Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes...1st on the chopping block.
Difficult to say. I would need to be closer to the fire.

But let's assume it's one of Eriksen, Vertonghen, or Rose.

I would give Rose a pass given his mental fragility, and make a statement by sacking the biggest problem. Treat them like any other employee. Otherwise, we're just like any other weak club.

We talk about the potential of Mourinho taking over. I like him. I think he is a top manager. A proven winner. But he has fallen foul of player power in his last two jobs. If it can happen to him then it can definitely happen to Poch.

Poch has his flaws but today was proof that the root of all evil is with poisonous player attitudes in our first team. Why was today proof? Like Brighton or Colchester, any Spurs 11 should perform better regardless of the manager or the chairman.

Agreed. This was no comeback. This was akin to a defeat. Our style was turgid and bereft of invention. Even Kane is pedestrian when he isn't anonymous.

But I do think the manager is not the main problem at the moment. The players are. We are the victim of that most modern of football sicknesses: player power. An entitled dressing room mobilised by malicious agents has set to rot within the fabric of our club.

I urge Poch to be radical. I urge Levy to be radical. Imagine sacking the worst enfant terrible of the lot. Sack the cunt in disgrace. Send out that message.
Not sure who would want to work where you could be sacked for speaking your mind, though...takes a while to rebuild morale once a friend has been sacked (I had a friend made redundant and the place never recovered - I’ve left since and it still hasn’t!)

Everyone of them has turned the changing room into toxic at the moment. We should offload them all come 1st of January.
Might be making it clear in the media that they are all welcome to leave...might even be the way Janssen was banished, returned, and then sold on the cheap, or Llorente, or Trippier, or the treatment of Moura from semi to final.

seemed happy enough at the pre-seasons, mind. Could just be sad ‘cos they’re playing terribly...

We lack a boss man in midfield. Have done for years.
there hard to find, and players nowadays would cry if a player shouted at them,
when i played i had CM lad who would shout at you if you misplaced a pass, muck up again and he would punch you, i tried to stay as sub when i was in that team

Well that was painful.. What the hell was that? I really don’t know where we go from here.

If the players can’t react against Watford, after a 7-2 Hammering and then a 3-0 drubbing to Brighton, then we have bigger issues than first thought.

It’s gone horribly wrong and I can’t see it getting any better soon.

Really don’t know what to say..

Poch has his flaws but today was proof that the root of all evil is with poisonous player attitudes in our first team. Why was today proof? Like Brighton or Colchester, any Spurs 11 should perform better regardless of the manager or the chairman.
That's a fair point you make there.
Although because the chairman showed he couldn't give a shit about the team, it's clearly rubbed of on the manager.
And if the manager's lost his confidence in the chairman, he probably don't give a shit either.
And as the players can clearly see what's happening with the two above, then it goes a long way to explaining why they look lack lustre and disinterested too.

The rot runs from the top of the club to the bottom. That's the reality.

Player Ratings
Tottenham: Gazzaniga (6), Aurier (5), Alderweireld (6), Sanchez (4), Vertonghen (6), Rose (4), Sissoko (6), Winks (6), Alli (6), Moura (6), Kane (6)

Subs: Son (8), Lamela (6)

Watford: Foster (6), Janmaat (8), Dawson (8), Kabasele (8), Cathcart (8), Holebas (7), Pereyra (8), Doucoure (9), Cleverley (8), Chalobah (7), Welbeck (6)

Subs: Deulofeu (8), Hughes (6)
The above ratings are on Sky. I think some of the Spurs players ratings are generous but the Watford ones are ridiculous. They were as bad as us, had little possession and time wasted but to give Welbeck a 6 is just incredible. Was that because he wasted time with his injury as I cannot see another reason.
Let's start with Watford - how can you give Welbeck a six when he was on the field for five minutes?

On to us. Harsh on Aurier and Dele. The first had a decent game, offered width, put in decent crosses. Gets a 6.5-7 in my book. The latter was our most lively player over the 90 minutes, the one most likely to. Not close to his best but a good performance. 7 from me.

Hard on Lamela too, he made us look a lot more threatening, for his half hour on the pitch, he gets a 7 too.

Weird how Sony gets MotM, we improved with him, clearly, but he's in the same area as Lamela for me.

Generous on Toby and Rose Id'd say

Back
Top Bottom