Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City (14th Dec)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We mustn't underestimate how good a performance this was. I feel it's happening more often ( although results may not suggest this). We are not far off, gettting it right.

I think the most encouraging thing in the last month or so has been the effort and mentality. Having the likes of Kane, Mason, Bentaleb and now Walker going forward we have a team that is really willing to go out and battle.

Performance-wise, there is still a lot to be critical about. But against Everton, Chelsea, Palace, and Swansea I never felt like the team let down in terms of effort whatsoever. It's a really nice change and I think the catalyst is largely our young players. Kane is running like a madman at all times and I think you've seen it trickle down to other members of the squad. We weren't great by any means yesterday but we never stopped giving 100%. Considering what we've seen last season and at times this year, I think our mentality and work ethic has really improved and that is part of the reason for some of our late wins.

Something that has annoyed me again, TV coverage (as usual).

Both Sky and MotD have homed in on the Kane "penalty incident" where Sky have painted a "He dived" picture and BBC have said he didn't (although Solsckjsariereaer said no dive on Sky at the end).

But Sky completely dismissed Kane's nailed on penalty shout from early in the first half when Williams barged into him from behind then kicked him on the floor - and MotD didn't even bother to show it!

F'kin narrative bullshit as usual. So often they decide to make a big deal over the Vertonghen tackle but not even show a clear cut penalty not given. It's not like they had a lot of games to get through on the day - there was only us and the Utd/Lpool game. Very frustrating.

If pundits wanted to say that Kane dove in the box that's an epic stretch. I would agree if Kane went down and immediately looked at the center ref like, "you gonna call the foul?!?" but he went down and just kinda stayed not making a meal out of it.

That shows me right there that he didn't go down expecting the foul.

Don't know if anyone else has seen this like me, but before Eriksen's winner... if Dembele would have decided to put Richards under pressure, we probably wouldn't have scored the winner. Eriksen's first attempt was saved by Tremmel and Richards probably waited for Dembele to attack him, but he didn't, he sticked to marking Montero. So Kane put him under pressure in the box and Richards clearance fell to Davies, he passed it to Eriksen, goal.

:dembele:

Genius or just lucky?

The motd coverage on the supposed Kane dive was ridiculous, they did not even consider that he may have simply slipped given the rain.

I would add that their analysis of our defense was similarly shallow, panel did not even give us credit for our pressing game, making our late goal seem like an accident-and when bony was offside several times they presented the scenario as if our back four had gotten lucky rather than remained disciplined! ffs.

Wish jenas was on the panel as he usually gives us a fair shake and generally spews less rubbish than the lawros schmeichaels and other luminaries.

Yes I understand as a fan I might need to take off my rosey specs but the analysis just seemed too dodgy on the whole

Back
Top Bottom