Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City (14th Dec)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worrying thing is, he WAS rested for an entire week. Didn't play Europa.

Oh well if his form is the problem I guess poch can drop him, good to rotate the squad and have players fighting for positions in the team anyway.

Our win did feel like daylight robbery though, not conplaining sometimes you have to win when not at your best.

Just watched the game this morning as I was flying from London back home all day yesterday. I didn't think it was a bad as this thread makes it out to be. However, knowing it was a win beforehand takes away the stress and makes you see a lot more of the positives.

I am starting to see the development of a style of play. It's really nice to see the triangles in the midfield forming between Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Eriksen, and Soldado. We're starting to show some slick interplay, still aren't necessarily converting it into a final ball but it is nice to see some craft and technical ability in our play.

I think Pochettino got it slightly wrong going two up top against Swansea. They dominate the midfield against everyone but they can be had defensively. Mason and Bentaleb were always going to be up against in the center of the pitch 3 v 2 especially with Eriksen and Lamela flanking them. I know Mason and Bentaleb aren't exactly Sandro and Parker but I've seen them be capable ball winners, against Swansea though it might have been better to sacrifice Soldado for Stambouli as they move the ball nicely in the middle against everyone.

Fazio and Vertonghen have become at least a decent pairing especially considering how bad Kaboul was early this season but we still are desperately in need of a more mobile CB. No pace there. Bony gave them so much trouble yesterday. I'd love a true skilled physical beast up top with Kane. Having a player like that to knock down balls for Kane and Eriksen, hold up the ball, and get on the end of crosses would be superb.

Today was a reminder that even 75% of Walker is so much better than any of our options at RB. So glad to have him back. When he gets up to full strength he could really alter our style.

Poor Lamela, poor poor Lamela. He's not there right now. Such a shame.

We're a striker, mobile CB, dedicated ball winner CM, and another quality attacking player away at the moment. Striker has to come outside the club, CB probably too though Veljkovic and Ball have knocked on the door of the first team. CM could be filled by Capoue or Stambouli but they aren't there yet. Plus, good Lamela would help us massively.

At the end of the day Swansea are top ten team in the league. Winning on the road there in any form is a good result. Of course, our biggest fault at the moment is the complete failure to build on performances. Beating Newcastle would be massive. Then we really should beat Burnley and Leicester, that would be a pretty solid December.

Mason had a poor game he looked tired it has been working up till now maybe a rest needed.

Well see, there is the thing, I don't think it has really worked that well, albeit I give it is a welcome sight when we are used to seeing Capoue, Dembele, Paulinho and Co in freefalling form and non-bothered'ness.

The way I see it both have been overall ok but little more. We have been dominated in midfield almost consistently, and specifically I would note a way to slow ball circulation, a lack of bite in the pressing game, a lack of tracking runners in front of our defence and finally a lack of timing when pushing up to deny the opposition balls dropping in front of their back 4 in midfield - Evil voices would perhaps describe as a midfield pairing neither attacking nor defensive enough.

Also, there is perspective. Right now we are fighting arses of to remain head of "the rest", struggling to look like a top 4 team and finally we are failing utterly trying to compete toe-to-toe against real top teams in the very games we meet them in. So while we (well, I am) more than chuffed to see some locally groomed talents both giving a sh*t and often putting expensive internationals to shame, then perhaps we shouldn't delude ourselves that this is another golden age midfield quite yet.

Not perfect, but still the best we can puzzle together from our shockingly weak options.

I don't think I have ever seen so many good (yes, they are good, decent international level players, all of them) so low in form, motivation and fitness in one team at any one time. Shit, it's like a collective depression.

I think Poch has found the right back 5, Kane and Eriksen are now fixtures for the rest of the season. Looks like Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli will fight it out for 2 places. The pieces are falling into place, just let them work together for another month and we will finish the season like a train.

I think Poch has found the right back 5, Kane and Eriksen are now fixtures for the rest of the season. Looks like Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli will fight it out for 2 places. The pieces are falling into place, just let them work together for another month and we will finish the season like a train.
The Lane will look something like this
68e.jpg

For a professional athlete he is. If you go by BMI he is overweight for someone of his age who does moderate exercise. He's not obese, but the fact is he's overweight.
Thought it was pretty common knowledge that normal BMI doesn't apply to elite athletes with high muscle content. He is clearly not fat

I wouldn't want him solely on the basis that he was fed so many feckin' opportunities to score by Fazio and all he managed was one, when he should have had a hat-trick at the very least.
Soldado would have scored more with those chances..........
Ha we all know Soldado would have scored none of them, let's not delude ourselves.

Anyway.. Watched the highlights today. Brilliant bit of poch-pressing by Kane to cause their player to make a mistake so we could win back possession .
We're gradually implementing our manager's ways, at least against the weaker opponents.

JDK JDK A lot of the time I am unable to watch the matches live but would love to watch replays. Haven't found where I can watch them though... Where do you get them?

I actually had this one recorded so I don't know where it's up online currently. Arty is right that football origin is quite good. I also use http://livefootballvideo.com sometimes. It's annoying with pop up ads sometimes but they generally have the matches in good video quality.

Whenever we win I look at the table and think, if we start actually playing well we could challenge the top four. Then when we have a bad result I look at it and think, "we're gonna come tenth". Realistically, I think the latter is nearer the truth.

Back
Top Bottom