Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have no idea how dembele or vlad haven't made the bench...Chadli as a CM just doesn't work for me

Just my explanation as it makes sense to me, Vlad's been quite poor of late and Dembele's injury is far more prevalent than he's putting on and Tim's now seen it. These guys with weird hip injuries can be very tricky, as they'll play 90 minutes on them every match but vary in their performances due to the pain level at any given point in time.

Paulinho and Chadli at CM has worked so well in our last few games, so happy to see them there again! We look so solid defensively with this combination.

6-0 win, one each for the four midfielders and two strikers.

Just my explanation as it makes sense to me, Vlad's been quite poor of late and Dembele's injury is far more prevalent than he's putting on and Tim's now seen it. These guys with weird hip injuries can be very tricky, as they'll play 90 minutes on them every match but vary in their performances due to the pain level at any given point in time.

Dembele has not recovered from his hip injury since November 2012!. You can see from his face he is jacked up on pain killers but since he is a talented player him going through the motions still is good enough for us in midfield and better than some players who are fit.

cahspur cahspur

I just can't wrap my head around why he insists on playing Chadli as a CM..
FFS he has sandro sitting on the bench, which should in theory give Pauli more licence to score...

On the same topic, I think Tim feels more comfortable with the lesser quality of Chadli there at full pace over the more qualified Sandro who has not been 100% this year. Not sure I agree with him, especially given the defensive and brutish manner in which Stoke plays (even with Hughes at the helm), but I can see where he would have a point. I absolutely hate it for Sandro that he's likely not set to make Brazil's squad for the WC, the summer of rest and more focused therapy will certainly do him a world of good.

Dembele has not recovered from his hip injury since November 2012!. You can see from his face he is jacked up on pain killers but since he is a talented player him going through the motions still is good enough for us in midfield and better than some players who are fit.

Yeah I think you're entirely fair to be of such a stance, but for me it has just slowed his step and touch down so much I don't blame Tim for feeling more comfortable with a less qualified yet far fitter player. Dembele's situation is concerning, as I've no doubt he'll carry on and prepare for the WC as he would if he had no issue. The man desperately needs some rest for that joint.

Back
Top Bottom