Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That first link is from early January. The second one has no quotes.

Kane came into the team when Soldado was injured

That first link is from early January. The second one has no quotes.

Kane came into the team when Soldado was injured

And I knew full well that Soldado was injured. You are just zooming in on one word "dropped". Townsend has been in and out, Siggy has been in and out and you want to fly a flag about Soldado being injured? Nit picking bores me.

Our team is better in the air is my point because you talked about Crouch being nailed on to score. The fact that Soldado is no longer nailed on to start be he healthy or otherwise is a different argument and one I don't care about.

Our team is better in the air
gkc1D.png

Kane's aerial ability is a real plus over Soldado's and as mentioned Chadli is decent in the air too. We also have Daws back who is good in the air as a defender, shame he don't score more though.

Tough game to call, if Paulinho is picked, I hope he's up for the battle that lies ahead. I hope Fryers plays, and as I say could be a game for Rose at LM. Maybe Rose Paulinho Eriksen and Chadli behind Ade and Kane. Kinda 4-3-1-2. Good luck to Tim picking the right team for this one.

Sandro went to mow
Went to mow down Adam
Sandro and the mob
Went to mow down Adam

Dawson went to mow
Went to mow down Adam
Dawson, Sandro and the mob
Went to mow down Adam

Walker went to mow
Went to mow down Adam
Walker, Dawson, Sandro and the mob
Went to mow down Adam

...think he might get the gist of how we feel about him. Cunt.

Last edited:
Lawro's Prediction for Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

Stoke are one of the good-news stories of the season.

Mark Hughes was under a bit of pressure when they were down near the bottom of the table at the end of January but, since then, he has not done much wrong.

Hughes has changed the system that the Potters played under previous boss Tony Pulis and it is working, and I can see him improving the team again this summer.

But Tottenham have taken seven points from their last three games and they are finishing the season well under Tim Sherwood.

Christian Eriksen has found some form and Harry Kane has started to look a decent player since coming into the team.

I am backing them to continue their good run.

Lawro's prediction: Stoke City 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

Sandro went to mow
Went to mow down Adams
Sandro and the mob
Went to mow down Adams

Dawson went to mow
Went to mow down Adams
Dawson, Sandro and the mob
Went to mow down Adams

Walker went to mow
Went to mow down Adams
Walker, Dawson, Sandro and the mob
Went to mow down Adams

...think he might get the gist of how we feel about him. Cunt.

It's Adam! Fucking Adam. No 's'!!

Tottenham may snub handshake with Stoke's Charlie Adam over Paulinho injury
Scot already in Spurs' bad books over TWO red cards and a pair of separate nasty fouls on Bale crocked the Brazilian in December
Laurence Griffiths
Stoke-City-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League.jpg

Wince Charles: Adam's lengthy rap sheet against Spurs goes back to his Blackpool days
Spurs players are considering a pre-match handshake snub for Charlie Adam this weekend.
The north Londoners have not forgiven Stoke midfielder Adam for his tackle on Paulinho in December which left the Brazilian out for a month.
It was the third time in his career in English football that Adam had put one of their players on the sidelines, following two clashes with Gareth Bale when the Scot was at first Blackpool and then Liverpool.
Adam was also sent off at White Hart Lane in September 2011 for a foul on Scott Parker when still with the Anfield club.
And he saw another red card against Spurs last May after two cautionable challenges on Jan Vertonghen.
Now, sparks are set to fly at the Potters' Britannia Stadium on Saturday -with Paulinho particularly desperate to play.
The £17million summer signing was left nursing damaged ankle ligaments after Adam’s challenge in a 3-0 defeat at White Hart Lane.
A number of Paulinho’s team-mates were left fuming.
His countryman and fellow midfielder Sandro – nicknamed The Beast because of his own crunching tackles – posted this chilling Instagram message warning: “Charlie Adam – The Beast is watching you!”
Instagram
Sandro-Instagram.jpg

After reviewing footage of the clash, Tottenham chiefs took the unusual step of complaining to the FA, indicating they felt Adam appeared to deliberately target Paulinho.
Adam, who has served a ban for stamping on Woolwich’s Olivier Giroud since the Paulinho fracas, was forced to defend himself on Twitter after being bombarded with abuse from Spurs fans.
A disciplinary panel exonerated the Stoke star and Potters manager Mark Hughes said: “It was a genuine attempt to win the ball.
“We don’t appreciate some of their players Twittering on their own sites about ‘waiting for Charlie’. I think that has the potential for a disrepute charge in itself.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-refuse-handshake-stokes-charlie-3453198#ixzz2zsvff2zx
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Tottenham may snub handshake with Stoke's Charlie Adam over Paulinho injury
Scot already in Spurs' bad books over TWO red cards and a pair of separate nasty fouls on Bale crocked the Brazilian in December
Laurence Griffiths
Stoke-City-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League.jpg

Wince Charles: Adam's lengthy rap sheet against Spurs goes back to his Blackpool days
Spurs players are considering a pre-match handshake snub for Charlie Adam this weekend.
The north Londoners have not forgiven Stoke midfielder Adam for his tackle on Paulinho in December which left the Brazilian out for a month.
It was the third time in his career in English football that Adam had put one of their players on the sidelines, following two clashes with Gareth Bale when the Scot was at first Blackpool and then Liverpool.
Adam was also sent off at White Hart Lane in September 2011 for a foul on Scott Parker when still with the Anfield club.
And he saw another red card against Spurs last May after two cautionable challenges on Jan Vertonghen.
Now, sparks are set to fly at the Potters' Britannia Stadium on Saturday -with Paulinho particularly desperate to play.
The £17million summer signing was left nursing damaged ankle ligaments after Adam’s challenge in a 3-0 defeat at White Hart Lane.
A number of Paulinho’s team-mates were left fuming.
His countryman and fellow midfielder Sandro – nicknamed The Beast because of his own crunching tackles – posted this chilling Instagram message warning: “Charlie Adam – The Beast is watching you!”
Instagram
Sandro-Instagram.jpg

After reviewing footage of the clash, Tottenham chiefs took the unusual step of complaining to the FA, indicating they felt Adam appeared to deliberately target Paulinho.
Adam, who has served a ban for stamping on Woolwich’s Olivier Giroud since the Paulinho fracas, was forced to defend himself on Twitter after being bombarded with abuse from Spurs fans.
A disciplinary panel exonerated the Stoke star and Potters manager Mark Hughes said: “It was a genuine attempt to win the ball.
“We don’t appreciate some of their players Twittering on their own sites about ‘waiting for Charlie’. I think that has the potential for a disrepute charge in itself.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-refuse-handshake-stokes-charlie-3453198#ixzz2zsvff2zx
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

My understanding was the Scot already in Spurs' bad books over TWO red cards and a pair of separate nasty fouls on Bale crocked the Brazilian in December.

Why didn't they mention that?

Dont know.

Certainly seems to me its personal with him though. I realise he is a thug and does it to anyone, but he has a real thing for nobling Spurs players no matter who he plays for!

Back
Top Bottom