Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. Eriksen too. I felt much better about the 4-4-2 today. I didn't like the speculative crossing tactic on Wednesday with the two wingers. Especially when playing Defoe up top.

Then you can use Townsend and Lennon as change of pace players like City uses Navas.

Agreed. Both of the latter two gentlemen as subs are nightmares to comprehend with in the final twenty minutes.

sometimes it simply comes down to the quality of the players on the pitch and their will to win. Today was surely one of those occassions
bxSjv3z.gif

One game. That's all it took to show that AVB's system wasn't maximising, and wasn't going to ever maximise, the talents in our squad.

We made silly mistakes, but today still established the model for how this team should be playing. Open, decompressed, liberating the creators and scorers.

So Sherwood won't do an interim........... What should Levy do? Personally I think Sherwood has done a great Harry impersonation and clearly his work in the youth set up works well so if he isn't happy doing it for a few games then we are buggered. Long term though I still think we need a bigger fish for all the personalities

Now please stick with the majority of this team next games. The defence should remain the same, besides Vertonghen obviously, midfield Dembele is doubtful, and please keep Ade in the team. Eriksen should definitely be given a good run of games, same for Lamela in my opinion. Keep it up lads!
Edit: Forgot about Sigurdsson; doubtful as well.

One game. That's all it took to show that AVB's system wasn't maximising, and wasn't going to ever maximise, the talents in our squad.

We made silly mistakes, but today still established the model for how this team should be playing. Open, decompressed, liberating the creators and scorers.

I agree to some extent. Important or remember it was only one game and Southampton's defense is decimated. However, I liked our set up today. With more time in training, Sherwood should certainly be able to replicate and improve on this performance. Got to take it one game at a time.

I want Sherwood to get the job I think. The thought of another managers coming in who doesn't know the club at all fills me with dread. The Bentaleb substitution has to be the number one justification for Sherwood to get the job. Who didn't think that was absolutely batshit insane while it was happening? But it worked perfect, because Sherwood is familiar with the club and the players and knew he could trust Bentaleb.

I think we need that level of familiarity. That is why Sherwood has won me over.

dawson and chiriches got turned way to easy today,dembele just does not tackle enough.we will be in big trouble when the big teams come. TIM not for me.we need experience now!

It was a good performance from the lads, but the real test is yet to come though. January 1st and 4th. Let's see how we fare against the better teams (and not crippled by injuries).

I agree to some extent. Important or remember it was only one game and Southampton's defense is decimated. However, I liked our set up today. With more time in training, Sherwood should certainly be able to replicate and improve on this performance. Got to take it one game at a time.

I want Sherwood to get the job I think. The thought of another managers coming in who doesn't know the club at all fills me with dread. The Bentaleb substitution has to be the number one justification for Sherwood to get the job. Who didn't think that was absolutely batshit insane while it was happening? But it worked perfect, because Sherwood is familiar with the club and the players and knew he could trust Bentaleb.

I think we need that level of familiarity. That is why Sherwood has won me over.

I so agree with the last part of this. Every spurs fan bar windy and bentalebs family must have been thinking wtf......... Not to say capoue or holt by wouldn't have been better :avbfu:

We managed to win today with a team by far from what most would consider our best XI... so does that say more about THEM, or less about the other players??
I think/hope it means we have a fucking strong squad, and one in which EVERY player has his role!

Back
Top Bottom