Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lovely day out yesterday. Felt like it had been a while - but it obviously really hadn’t. I just think the optimism and momentum coupled with the new signings meant we were all chomping at the bit to get back to WHL and get the season started.

Going one-nil down was a strange experience, in that, no one seemed to panic - the players, the coaching staff or the fans. Last season, we’d have been fearing the worst. The team exuded self confidence. A huge positive.

You would have all seen the goals, inc the comedy OG 😂. Kulusevski just does unexpected things brilliantly. Lovely touch, ghosts past opponents, shoots early - a joy to watch. Bentancur close behind in the MotM stakes. Honourable mentions for Royal & Sessegnon who have clearly been putting the work in and who have also benefited from coaching. Good thing is I don’t think the team got out of 2nd or 3rd gear. Southampton were shit though. Much sterner test next week.

We walked out to Metallica?! Fucks sake. No AJ Tracey at HT either. As mentioned above - new DJ…

I smelt the burning too - assumed it was Hasenhutel’s polyester suit going up 🔥

Is this because of the safe standing? I was in 452 and there’s nowhere for anyone to be who hasn’t got a seat.
Yep, in the safe standing area. You get people just budging along. It is OK on the row where I am, but a couple of rows in front it is blatantly obvious.
Unless the stewards check every phone (ticket) as people enter the block, it is always going to happen.

They didn't even pretend to look at mine yesterday.

Surf club in Lemnos. We should hang out. :p
The Inbetweeners Thumbs Up GIF

I moved from block 259 row 51, to block 257 row 18, and thought the atmosphere was much more lively. Shame about all the people that come down and squeeze in next to their mates, when they should be seated elsewhere.
I'm in block 259 row 51! First year at the new stadium I was in West Upper and it was way worse. I was thinking about moving closer as getting up all those stairs is a nightmare for me but I can't stand the whole game. Atmosphere yesterday was very good. Has been since the Newcastle game really.

It was a pleasure watching the match today. We looked hungry from the start and really showed what a dominating performance looks like.

We went down a goal early on and it seemed a bit of a fluke, even Ward-Prowse looked surprised. At that point I had to fight off the thought in the back of my head that we were back to our old ways, but before I had the chance we had scored an equalizer that was pure Conte ball. This is the type of goal Sess should be striving to score every game! He’s good at finding those positions in the box!

After we scored the second I felt we were cruising and just hoped we would score a third before the half. We didn’t, but that we so casually dominated them without Kane or Son even hitting first gear is a testament to Antonio Conte’s tactics. We saw Sess and Emerson shine. While I don’t completely expect that to be a consistent theme, how great would it be if it was?

Finally, what can you say about Deki besides WOW. The guy continually exceeds expectations. I think we’ve got an absolute gem in him and it’s a pleasure to watch him play!

Let’s fucking smash the chavs next weekend, they fucking deserve it after recent years!!!

COYS

Won't lie when we went 1-0 down I was thinking here we go typical Spurs, all that build up in the Summer and we are back to our old ways etc...:D

But we are clearly made of different stuff now, the mentality in this team has improved so much thanks to the manager, so much belief this team now you can see it and the players are playing with so much confidence.

Scored 4 and Kane and Son were largely anonymous, frightening really.

Enter the Sandman

And Foo Fighters, Learn to Fly at HT
Deliberate mind games??

Whilst I love a bit of Macnamaras band at HT (I heard it played on the radio in Scotland on Friday night... so it HAD to be a good sign!)
I can't help feel the Club have tried to add a little 'subliminal aggression' to the pre-match walk out....
Revenge of the Sith (or whatever 'Star Warsey' thing they used to play) just sounded dated!

I'm sorry I wasn't there for the first one... Still up in Scawtland touring aboot in a wee campervan....

Ah'll be thair fir the next one, nay doot aboot it!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Subs were Perisic for Sess and then a quadruple change involving all the new boys sans Spence. Nothing really to write about for them as the match was in the bag by the time they all got a run out.
Funniest thing in the game was the subs stripped ready to come on in the 79th minute and the ball going out of play in the 85th minute for them to get on

Back
Top Bottom