Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had 3 crosses attempted all game. He created 2 chances, had an assist, 86% passes completed, 7 clearances and 2 completed dribbles while registering a rating over 8.5 by most sources.

Just like during the match, you are completely talking out of your ass and just trying to find negatives. Emerson was not perfect, but he was very, very good.

Why not look at Son if you want to find any negatives? Or Kane who was barely a threat?

Emerson is just a scapegoat for people just like Hojbjerg.

Oh the irony.

Has anyone started the Race For The Title thread yet?

Im Not No Way GIF

I moved my seat from south upper to south lower thinking the atmosphere would be better. Surprised to say there was more singing at the top, hope it’s an anomaly.
I moved from block 259 row 51, to block 257 row 18, and thought the atmosphere was much more lively. Shame about all the people that come down and squeeze in next to their mates, when they should be seated elsewhere.

felt that the subs were made a little late in the game (ready at 80mins) first break in play 84 mins
with 5 subs the coaches that manage getting players pitchtime/rest time etc will have a bug impact on who wins the league
for me i would be looking at changes 60/65 mins 70/75 mins, you can pre-plan some changes (telling player to put it all in for first hour), also can make big changes on how the game is panning out,

Official hype song of my alma mater. Fucking brings it.

I’m sorry but that’s ridiculously mad. Surely it can’t be like that every home game?

On a different note I have always found it strange how those games are like that with basically a bunch of kids playing. It’s crazy. But I guess it prepares them for a career in the NFL if they get picked.

I moved from block 259 row 51, to block 257 row 18, and thought the atmosphere was much more lively. Shame about all the people that come down and squeeze in next to their mates, when they should be seated elsewhere.

Yeah I saw that today as I’m 4 rows behind you in that block. Never seen that happen before and it happened in row 20 too. Not on and needs reporting really.

Great result. Just the start we wanted.

Spent most of yesterday drinking jägerbombs so didn’t catch any of the game or stay up to date with any scores so nice to see the league table this morning.

Looking forward to a MOTD catch-up at some point.

And the 2022/23 season begins……..

Observations from the stadium yesterday....

The staff at the entrance were manually checking everyone's app was actually the app at the gate. IE, not a screen shot of a QR code. Guessing the theme for the season is gonna be to crack down further on "illegal" ticket sharing.

My phone didn't work contactlessly at the turnstile. Whilst I've never had struggles getting through (because I'm not a luddite) others do. It took me a few seconds to open the wallet app and scan the code. Others will be stood there blocking hundreds of people off staring at their phone like it's the first time they've seen it. This cannot carry on. There needs to be a better way of getting people in the stadium.

The stairways have all been somewhat decorated at last. It's not beautiful but it's better. Pale grey and blue replaced bare concrete.

New stadium DJ

Staff at the concession nearest block 530 are still useless and cause queues for no reason.

There was a horrid smell near the end that smelt like burning electronics. Hope it's nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom