Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who they going to play upfront?

I think we're more likely to see this :

Rashford
Garnacho - Fernandes - Sancho
Casemiro - Mount
Shaw - Martinez - Varane - Wan-Bissaka
Onana
Or Sancho on the left and Antony on the right.
Sancho or Martial? I just feel they need to do something different. Hope I'm wrong. Hope they're crap again.

I’d be up for giving GLC a go in the second half depending how the game is going. If they play like they did against Wolves, GLC is good at taking the ball deep and driving. Mad that he’s back in the mix but he may on the way out if the rumour mill is true

Who they going to play upfront?

I think we're more likely to see this :

Rashford
Garnacho - Fernandes - Sancho
Casemiro - Mount
Shaw - Martinez - Varane - Wan-Bissaka
Onana
Or Sancho on the left and Antony on the right.
They played Sancho No.9 a few times in preseason, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go back to that to allow Rash to operate off the left.

The equally interesting thing is whether they stick with that MF trio. If they do I expect us to dominate…..

They played Sancho No.9 a few times in preseason, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go back to that to allow Rash to operate off the left.

The equally interesting thing is whether they stick with that MF trio. If they do I expect us to dominate…..

Sort of has to be that trio right?

Fernandes is captain, Casemiro is their best player and Mount is a new signing.

Obviously no one is undroppable (though Casemiro probably is) but I'd be shocked if they didn't play that midfield 3 unless they went with a diamond of some kind and popped Eriksen in there.

If Bentancur fully recovers, we'll have one of the best midfield 3s in the Premier League. It may even be the crowning glory of the Postecoglou team.

For now, we'll have to make do with Skipp and Sarr filling in but we definitely have enough to win the midfield battle on Saturday. My only concern is how our defence fares against United on the break.

If there is a time for Sanchez to come good, this is it.

I actually like that they've done this but things like this need to be consistent, anyone else fucks up so badly then they need to be made an example of.

Points adjusted for the mistake? Thought not.
Penalty gifted to Spurs for a sock twist? Thought not.

Nothing to see here, we are in charge and doing everything in our power to make the game more fair for the top 3 teams. *whispers* Was that OK Mr Arnold?

Thought Skipp and Kulusevski were poor the other day, bring in Sarr and Porro.

Got to give Richarlison a bit of an injury free run in the team, see how he goes for five or six games I reckon. Don't think he's had a run of starts like that since he joined.

Kulu wasn’t poor but he wasn’t great either.

I don’t think Skipp was poor but he looked a little lost positionally.

You need to give the Brentford starting XI a good five or six matches together.

I also think we shouldn't be too disappointed if we fail to win as long as the performance it's showing what we are wanting going forward. It's our first test and it's two competitive games into a new era and system.

I remember Pochs first season. Got a good win away at West Ham with 10 men in his first game. Destroyed a relegation battling QPR in his second and in his first real test, third game in, we got demolished by Liverpool.

Drop Richie now and he will be crushed like a coke can. In the short term, yea it isn't working and we should try something different, but what if that doesn't work either. Richy ain't coming back from being dropped again. In the long term, it makes sense to give him a run of 5 or so games. If he can get going and start scoring, problem solved. He deserves one more run under a new manager in a new system.

I favour 4 or 5 game runs for players, with their petformance considered in that wider piece.

For Richarlison to be dropped after one game would effectively damage him to the point of maybe no way back under Postecoglou..

Last edited:
I favour 4 or 5 game runs for players, with their petformance considered in that widrr piece.

For Richarlison to be dropped after one game would effectively damage him to the point of no way back under Postevcoglou..
Agreed but I think we may see a change or two this game. I could see Skip being replaced and maybe Kulu. I guess I don’t know much about how often Ange likes to rotate so I guess we’ll find out.

Kulu wasn’t poor but he wasn’t great either.

I don’t think Skipp was poor but he looked a little lost positionally.

You need to give the Brentford starting XI a good five or six matches together.
Why would Skipp need 5-6 more games, he wouldn't have started vs Brentford in the first place if it wasn't for a fluky brace against Barcelona.

Back
Top Bottom