Tottenham Hotspur v. Man. U. (Home), 20 Jan 2013 16:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SOmetimes i'd quite like to be in a 'spursy' American bar when deuce scores a decisive goal like today. Bet it goes mental!

Watched with Chicago today - there's something about snow and sport combining that makes Chicago a special place. It was mental- not because of Dempsey- because of the whole team looked passionate. I thought Lennon was head and shoulders above the rest.

tumblr_mgy5a1FxNy1r8e765o1_500.jpg

Sorry if someone already posted this, but I just found it..

SOmetimes i'd quite like to be in a 'spursy' American bar when deuce scores a decisive goal like today. Bet it goes mental!

I was at work today when it went in, having only been able to watch the first 75 minutes. My brother texted me and I went absolutely batshit. Ran out the back door of the kitchen I cook in screaming "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" When I told my co-workers it was Dempsey they somewhat understood. "Of course, he's American," they said. I'll forgive their fucking ignorance on this day. This glorious day.

Best day out Ive had at the Lane this season, even better than West Ham.

To be sat in PL lower about 5 seats away from a load of Chelmsford Reds when Clint scored was priceless.

All the talk lately about ticket prices, I would have paid anything to feel like I did walking back up the High Road.

Aaron Lennon. Our best player this season by a distance.

Surely BAEs got to start from now on. Maybe give Naughts a go on the right?

Walker has got the tools but hes having a mare at the moment. Just needs the pressure taken off him, how many games on the bounce now?

I agree - Ive been calling for Naughton to get a run at RB for a while.

I think Walker has had a mare basically all season. New manager, new system, and he doesnt quite seem to have his head around it all. I think a break would do him good while he steps out of the limelight.

There is IMO a real contrast between Naughton and Walker. Walker is physically explosive, a natural athlete who is ridiculously fast. These are great attributes for a FB and very effective.

Naughton, IMO, is a smarter player - sees the game better and picks his passes with intelligence.

If we had Ekotto at LB, a player very good on the ball - and Naughton RB, a player I THINK would be very good on the ball I believe it could really enhance our play.

With Vertonghen back in defence we would really have the ability to play the ball through defence, and when they push up offer genuine possession play...

naughton still looks a bit nervous in possession though. plenty of times yesterday when we were passing it around the back 4 and they were pressing us, naughton would just hoof it down the line, not even attempting the pass and gift possession back to them. he needs keep calm and cruyff turn lessons from :baelol:

Without a left foot Naughton struggles to play it down the line anyway

He's always switching inside and with Bale going there to get away from his markers it got a bit crowded in the middle at times.

On a related point Bale should have stayed out on the wing regardless, with two United players on him Dembele was getting a bit more space to work in.

COYS! So proud of the lads after yesterday. I've never seen United use tactics like this against us before, pretty much parked the bus and waited for counter-attacking opportunities, which they looked really dangerous from, but thankfully they didn't have very many. If we managed to get the equaliser 10 mins earlier who knows what would've happened, but hey it's a good point and more importantly the manner of the equaliser should be a real boost for everyone. Only concerns, Walker's continued poor form, he's a liability at the back, especially poor on crosses and even his attacking play is fairly average atm, he's still raw and young, but needs to sort it out soon!, and Defoe was terrible, he just doesn't cut it in the big games.

Fergie kind of had a point, the officials were very poor, but they were poor for both sides, that pull back on Dembele from Kagawa was comical. Also, I thought it was a penalty on Rooney, but it's interesting that quite a few people think it wasn't, Dermot Gallagher was on SSN today and said Foy got it right, I'm still not sure. The annoying thing is how this is the main thing everyone is talking about today, on MOTD they hardly bothered to analyze the match and spent about 5 mins talking about the "penalty" incident, not tactics, not about how hard we pressed them all over the pitch for the entire 90 mins, etc.....

Back
Top Bottom