Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not exactly sure what what happened but in the first half Kane was in their penalty area and he got proper smashed by a City player - you could hear a crack. Sounded really bad.

But apart from that :

Mind blowing atmosphere

Fantastic performance

Brilliant result

Semis here we come !!!

Plus spoke to a Korean fan after the game - fantastic bloke. He was so happy he had been crying.

D3veeLYWwAA0EoI.jpg:large

MARK CLATTENBURG: Danny Rose's arm was outside his body”

WTF? Aren’t his arms always outside his body (except maybe for those extra special moments of course)?

Yeah lol.

"Outside his body". They used to say in "an unnatural position", but Rose's arm is very much in a natural position - what to do? Apply a new wording, of course, and it's a pen. Brilliant, Mr. Clattenburg.

Unless of course it is natural to dive in to the ball like a fucking torpedo with your arms glued to the side.

I've had my doubts but fair play, didnt put a foot wrong today. Even Trippier was suprisingly good. Every single one of them was perfect. We will need the same again 2nd leg.
Yeah, I thought Trips was really good, way above his season average. Really stepped up, defended well most of the time, against a world-class attack and came forward pretty well. An 8 out of 10 for me. Danny Rose was my star tonight, he fought everywhere for everything and still came forward and posed them a threat. Big props too to Hugo, Sonny, Sissoko and Winks, but overall, what a team performance, they can all be proud

I know Bill would have been

Last edited:
he cannot run. you can see he can't get about properly any more. but he didn't look lost, he seems to have adapted his game, no doubt with help from the coaches, passing the ball, good positioning, getting the tackles in before the player gets away, he did really well for those ten minutes.

Gutted for him though because before his big injury he had everything.
Was cursing the man when he gave away that 95th min FK! He really does look done to me, the old wanyama is certainly gone-it would be a miracle to get him back to his best its just a case of whether we can get anything for him at this stage imho unfortunately.

"Oh what a night"
"Watching Tottenham on a Tuesday night"
"You play Thursday cause you're fucking shite"
"Oh what a feeling, what a night"

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Winks with the usual restrained celebrations...
D3vZW_zXoAIFaTb.jpg:large
I was so impressed with the boy tonight, honestly he is maturing in to a very good CM I don’t care what anybody says he is the future of our midfield.

Sissoko aswell is definitely not a player I want to let go. I would sooner let both Wanyama and Dier go as neither are home grown. Although Dier is a good squad option due to versatility.

Basically our midfield isn’t as shite as we think, just the one DM destroyer would make all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom