Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Play this over and over again before we play them in the second leg.

They must be crushed for the good of football.

There‘ll be some bollocks where it was in the refs notes and therefore he can’t get a retrospective ban for that.

That kind of shit needs to be punished. It’s pre-empted and more than once does he go for an Opposition players head from behind while he’s down. I don’t think that would be allowed in a boxing ring, and it has absolutely no place on a football pitch.

Massive confidence booster that result. Hopefully Kane’s Injury doesn’t detract from it. Need the likes of Dele and Eriksen to step up. Sonny of course will and already has!

CL rules? Huh?
Games in the CL are regulated by the IFAB rules. This is literally the rule, and it is not even close to what you said:

“A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence”
"Rose's arm was outside his body"
I'm not saying I agree with the decision to give a penalty, or that I think it's a good rule, just that I've seen this to be the rule now, quoted by multiple respectable sources on the specific case today.

How about a random stranger elbow him in the head next time they see him out. Would he brush it off as nonchalantly? Fucking clown
I went fucking mental at that.
Elbowing someone who is face down in the mud anyway is as bad as head butting someone in the chops. At least you have a chance to react to a head Butt. Cowardly piece of shit.
Great result tonight. No away goal for them is massive. I’m sure we will get a goal there.
But parts of the game and the media reaction such as that bald fucking cunt ex referee really make my piss boil.

VAR denying Porto two decent penalty claims

Dipper cunts

Plus a Salah blatant red card

Wankers
I've said that the circlejerk around Liverpool is even worse in Europe than in the UK. I hope their season crashes and burns even worse than in 2015. Absolute cunt of a club.

VAR isn’t going to stop the blatant corruption that is running rampant behind the scenes, even the pundits are in disbelief at some of these decisions.

The refs are either completely inept or a bunch of cunts, there is no consistency whatsoever with decisions.

All I want with VAR is consistency.

We all thought Refs inconsistency was due to the speed of the game and not being in a perfect position maybe. BUT, there is no excuse with VAR, they have slow mo, they have multiple angles and replays. No excuse.

Back
Top Bottom