Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The awesome thing is, we score in most games, and all we need is one goal to make those Manc cunts need 3. We're not favourites, but this is more than doable!
Us getting the first goal would be awesome, but if can keep it tight until the last ten minutes you'll fancy our chances of getting either a late winner or equaliser...

Has BT got Liniker hosting it?.....never mind if it was a penalty or not (apparently in the premier league it’s not a pen, but in Europe it is a pen) they were seriously debating why it wasn’t retaken as Vertonghen (the guy who cleared the ball after Hugo’s save) was inside the box as the kick was taken....WTF is all I can say to that!!

Can we go on to lift this thing in May? Who knows, but right now getting through this City tie would be a great victory not just for Spurs, but for football in general , proving Money isn’t the only route to success these days....
The one thing I hate more than the PSG’s, City’s and Chelsea’s buying their success is the pundits drooling over them, pundits are ex players so surly they have some respect for the traditional guys left in the game?

city will be a different proposition with B Silva, KBD etc. I also suspect Sane will start. Pep will be looking for an early onslaught.

but last night, for the first time all season, the FBs got the balance right - not between attack and defense, but between wide and narrow - city love exploiting those areas and we've been mugs on the last few meetings. I've been critical of Pochs refusal to accommodate the other team, but i also noticed it a little Vs Lolpool.

Has BT got Liniker hosting it?.....never mind if it was a penalty or not (apparently in the premier league it’s not a pen, but in Europe it is a pen) they were seriously debating why it wasn’t retaken as Vertonghen (the guy who cleared the ball after Hugo’s save) was inside the box as the kick was taken....WTF is all I can say to that!!

Can we go on to lift this thing in May? Who knows, but right now getting through this City tie would be a great victory not just for Spurs, but for football in general , proving Money isn’t the only route to success these days....
The one thing I hate more than the PSG’s, City’s and Chelsea’s buying their success is the pundits drooling over them, pundits are ex players so surly they have some respect for the traditional guys left in the game?

I'm not sure the ref would have got out alive if he'd given a retake

Anybody at the BBC watching please tell your people that you're correct, Harry Kane got injured last night but however he is not actually the captain of our club.
The bloke in the goal is just so you know.
The bloke in the Spurs shirt, not the other one.
(On website last night and on then the radio this morning.)

Anyone remember when we got 1 point from our opening 3 group games!?
Ofc, I remind my best mate (who is an Inter fan) every single matchday, I ironically tell him "This could've been you if you didn't fuck it up against PSV". Growing up in the Balkans makes you know and have friends of most clubs in Europe.

Last edited:
Fortunately nearly everyone in the park lane didn't listen to the old fogeys on here and stood up all game. I thought it was odd that the stewards were trying to make people sit down from the back. Doesn't make much sense. A few were waving their arms about aimlessly, I assume to show they are trying to do something.
Absolutely pointless and futile trying to get people to sit down in the South Stand. I understand it's 'illegal' blah, blah, but I'm talking about the reality of it. If you want to sit, then I'm sorry but you're just gonna have to either move your ST or stand and lump it. In other areas of the ground I can accept complaints but not for the south stand.

My old man is 70, a proper old fogey, and he stood the whole game without complaint.

Naff? No fucking way. I hope we do more of that kinda thing as we settle in...
Not usually a fan of this kind of thing, at least not when it's the club organising it rather than the fans (though maybe this was the Trust's work, I don't know), but...basically I think there is a time and a place for it, and last night was it. It looked fucking epic. And the message was so apt for the occasion. I have no doubt that seeing that and then hearing our support would have been an almighty lift for our players.

I'd like to see one "Fuck off back to Woolwich" when we play the scum, but the club would say it was profanity etc.

Not usually a fan of this kind of thing, at least not when it's the club organising it rather than the fans (though maybe this was the Trust's work, I don't know), but...basically I think there is a time and a place for it, and last night was it. It looked fucking epic. And the message was so apt for the occasion. I have no doubt that seeing that and then hearing our support would have been an almighty lift for our players.

I'd like to see one "Fuck off back to Woolwich" when we play the scum, but the club would say it was profanity etc.

North London
Is ours

That would work! Only 2 more characters in each line.

D3v7WEbXkAEghUV.jpg:large

Absolutely pointless and futile trying to get people to sit down in the South Stand. I understand it's 'illegal' blah, blah, but I'm talking about the reality of it. If you want to sit, then I'm sorry but you're just gonna have to either move your ST or stand and lump it. In other areas of the ground I can accept complaints but not for the south stand.

My old man is 70, a proper old fogey, and he stood the whole game without complaint.
100% correct. Standing creates better atmosphere and that stand was built for it. If you are against standing please move your ST next season to the other 45000 available tickets in the ground...

Back
Top Bottom