****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
I think some people are confusing wanting City to win with actively supporting/celebrating it.

I won't be doing that. I won't be watching.

And any man city goal alerts will be greeted with pretty much this...

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

Will then cheer myself up with a few bottles of bluemoon beer and laughing at gooner tears on 'x', 'Woolwich mania' and so forth.

Would genuinely feel motivated to support our players tomorrow if there weren't so many diabolical and half assed performances recently. That makes it a bit easier to support City tomorrow.
Yeah, I'd want us to win if the season was played out a little differently, had we been spirited in games vs Woolwich, Chelsea, Newcastle. But we belong in Europa tbh, it's better for the development of whatever young players we keep around next season.

Last edited:
Do i presume by your name you live in Somerset?
If so, its easier for you than it will be for me and others like me who live in north London/Herts/parts of Essex.
Not a dig, but you can hide .We can't.
I'm Irish, them winning the league would result in fairly harmless slagging from 5/6 friends and acquaintances. This last few days is a stark reminder of how different it is to live where many of you live and experience the rivalry in that way.

Oh okay, just change my job? Why don’t I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon, AND FIRE OFF INTO JOBLAND, WHERE JOBS GROW ON JOBBIES!!!

And in the interview…

So Mr JohhnySpurs, do you have any questions about the role?

Yes I do, as a matter of fact. Do any Gooner scum work here?

Do i presume by your name you live in Somerset?
If so, its easier for you than it will be for me and others like me who live in north London/Herts/parts of Essex.
Not a dig, but you can hide .We can't.
A good point...I never knew a Goons fan when I was growing up in the sticks! Everyone was Manu or Spurs in my street. So for us the Manu game was the one to win!

Jesus wept, what a tragic little post.

Keep your self-help diaries to yourself, this a forum for passionate Spurs fans, who hate Woolwich.

Seriously made me feel nauseous reading your drivel.
I don't need you to tell me what a passionate Spurs fan is.

I guess the biggest difference between us is that I'm a grown up

and I got to watch Ray Kennedy score at WHL

nothings going to get worse in football terms than that, so I'll invite you to go fuck yourself mate

It's delusion to support Spurs and not give a shit about Woolwich? OK.

We're a laughing stock in English football because we're obsessed with Woolwich rather than actually, you know, challenge for trophies ourselves.

Small club mentality which needs to change.

I’m calling bollocks on that. Other clubs torment us because for a club with such a large fanbase and high turnover of revenue, we win fuck all.

Our rivalry with them cunts up the road has fuck all to do with it, and I think you’ll find they are just as obsessed with Spurs if not moreso than we are with them.

A good point...I never knew a Goons fan when I was growing up in the sticks! Everyone was Manu or Spurs in my street. So for us the Manu game was the one to win!
I remember as a kid going to family party round my aunts house in Enfield, the night we lost 7-0 to Liverpool. My cousin(Woolwich) was over from Jersey,and was waiting in the street to give me grief from the moment we arrived to the minute we left.It was hell.

Let's peel all this back a moment... Forget Spurs fans wanting Spurs to lose...

All SPURS fans want is Man City to WIN...

By the same token, Woolwich fans (understandably) want Man City to LOSE...

If Man City were playing ANY other team in the PL, those factors are still the same.

It JUST so happens that WE'RE playing them.

So Woolwich fans are having to cheer on their DEADLY rivals... whereas WE'RE still only cheering on Man City!

Who's small time NOW?

Back
Top Bottom