****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
Thinking a bit more about this situation. I reckon it might be, to some extent, a generational thing.

Older fans have seen the glory days and know those cunts down the road are Johnny Come Latelies. We hate them but we know they're just scum. You scrape the bit of dog turd off the bottom of your shoe and you move on.

Younger fans have lived in their ugly shadow much more, so it's understandable that their hatred should go even deeper, to the extent that they'd rather chop off their own arms than see the cunts succeed.

Does that make sense?
How old are we talking?
I am 56 ,and reckon i hate them as much as any 18 year old.

It's delusion to support Spurs and not give a shit about Woolwich? OK.

We're a laughing stock in English football because we're obsessed with Woolwich rather than actually, you know, challenge for trophies ourselves.

Small club mentality which needs to change.
Do i presume by your name you live in Somerset?
If so, its easier for you than it will be for me and others like me who live in north London/Herts/parts of Essex.
Not a dig, but you can hide .We can't.

Spurs fans cheering on City tonight would be making a laughing stock of the club world wide. Imagine any players who we might want to sign in the Summer watching fans supporting a rival. Posters talk of the bigger picture, that would be a dreadful example of a bigger picture.
Not sure Spurs fans will be cheering on City, but they (most anyway) will be hoping City win.

A few years ago- quite a few- Celtic played Aberdeen an Aberdeen win give them a good chance of the title, but a Celtic win handed the title to Rangers.

It was kind of weird cheering on Celtic, but not really wanting them to win.

"Come on Celtic get into these sheep shaggers"

"Aw fuck, we've scored"

Not sure Spurs fans will be cheering on City, but they (most anyway) will be hoping they win.

A few years ago- quite a few- Celtic played Aberdeen an Aberdeen win give them a good chance of the title, but a Celtic win handed the title to Rangers.

It was kind of weird cheering on Celtic, but not really wanting them to win.

"Come on Celtic get into these sheep shaggers"

"Aw fuck, we've scored"
No one cares about the farmer's league.

There’s a real Spurs Community vibe to the dickheads claiming we need to win tonight.

Thanks Hercules! Great ITK. Hopefully next season will be special. Where do I donate? Would you like a reach around?

So you are calling most Spurs fans on here pathetic. You either don’t really understand the rivalry between Spurs and Woolwich or are not really thinking the consequences through of handing Woolwich the title. Now hate is a strong word that is thrown around far too often these days but when it comes to Woolwich I genuinely hate everything about them. They are a vile scheming entity who throughout their history have undertaken some real murky stuff.

This is the club which came onto our manor because their base in Woolwich was a stinking cesspit.

This is the club who bribed their way into Division 1 after the end of hostilities of WW1 despite finishing 5th in Division 2 in 1914 and have never been out of the top league since.

This is the club who took our best player behind our backs in C#mpb*ll and thought it hilarious to do so.

This is the club who have had a long list of criminal lowlife playing for them.

This is the club who for years had a manager in Wenger who presided over a series of filthy Woolwich teams with awful disciplinary records with the manager always failing to see any of his team’s physical assaults despite watching the same match as everyone else.

This is the team who pipped us to CL qualification in 2012 by winning away at WBA on the last day of the season with all 3 goals being highly questionable against a now deceased goalkeeper who was slotted in at the last minute for his only ever appearance for West Brom .

This is the team with the most arrogant, entitled pundit supporters on the planet, Piers Morgan, Merson and a host of others- don’t even get me started on the full of themselves supporters.

Even today they sing about the times that they won the league at WHL in decades past and would forever dine out on us handing them the title by beating City.

We had a period of 25 years from the late 80’s onwards where we had to play second fiddle to these arrogant tossers and I don’t want another 25 years of that. Woolwich winning the title might be the catalyst for another similar period of Woolwich dominance so be very careful what you wish for.

Yes I know it’s a rant but I hate them!!!
well said sir!!!

I genuinely can't understand how some of you don't care if Woolwich go on and win the league because we helped them by beating City. Like ye definitely haven't thought about the aftermath of this happening..

Do ye not envisage the absolute relentless arrogance for years and years to come from their fans? We will literally never hear the end of it. Ye obviously don't live in London and have to deal with Woolwich fans at work or friends, etc. I can't imagine how painful it's going to be if they win the league BECAUSE of us gifting it to them
It will be like you say , but we will be going for it tonight . Just hopefully we don’t pull it off

Should be a great game, looking forward to it.

harold-thumb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom