****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
Was there any of this by MU fans not wanting to win today? Seem to recall players (Dennis Law for 1) not celebrating for scoring against his previous team and effectively relegating them. However he did score and not deliberately missed it. We can not be accused of throwing the match and some of the more outrageous suggestions must not happen. A simple narrow defeat will suffice.
The PL may have to ensure fixtures like this do not happen at the end of the season. I really wish we were not playing MC at this stage.

Was there any of this by MU fans not wanting to win today? Seem to recall players (Dennis Law for 1) not celebrating for scoring against his previous team and effectively relegating them. However he did score and not deliberately missed it. We can not be accused of throwing the match and some of the more outrageous suggestions must not happen. A simple narrow defeat will suffice.
The PL may have to ensure fixtures like this do not happen at the end of the season. I really wish we were not playing MC at this stage.

We shouldn't be as per OG scheduling....... Expect a lot more of big games being fudged onto the end of the season though thanks to even more congestion caused by the new European and club world cup formats.

Kai Havertz is the dark haired version of Charlie Cooper (This Country)
1647639368-3821681758551fd2ad43c38535d8528e-resized.jpg

Bloke just looks gormless and malnourished, but at least Charlie Cooper is playing a character!

Imagine all your hard work through the season is undone by your biggest rivals not bothering in a game against your nearest competitors lol

If villa win against pool then Woolwich fans know whats coming.

Was there any of this by MU fans not wanting to win today?
We weren't supposed to be! This has been rescheduled!

But that's what happens when you schedule Man City to play ANY league game on the same weekend as a League Cup final...

They should just clear their fixtures altogether for any weekends that clash with Cup ties!

Spurs fan or Woolwich hater……Which comes first?

Yes.

If we win (which going on recent form will be difficult but we are their bogey team) we will never hear the end of it. The media are infested with goons and due to the clever scheduling of this game they won't be able to mention arse winning without mentioning our input.

Us attracting better players or spending more money for coming 4th is a myth and will be nothing compared to the shit we will cop well into the distant future.

In my book, if you don't play to win every match, you're not a football team so yes I want the win. The Woolwich situation can take care of itself. Quite frankly, I think they're more than capable of buggering it up for themselves. In the NLD, both of our goals came from embarrassing defensive errors on their part and that sort of form doesn't bode well for a title challenging team.

I would rather focus on what we're doing than what other teams are doing. It's the former that wins trophies, not the latter.

COYS
This sums up my feelings exactly! Always want Spurs to win, couldn’t give a :mourthumb:fuck about the goons, they mean nothing to me. Although feel quite safe that we’ll be taking no points off of city

Yes.

If we win (which going on recent form will be difficult but we are their bogey team) we will never hear the end of it. The media are infested with goons and due to the clever scheduling of this game they won't be able to mention arse winning without mentioning our input.

Us attracting better players or spending more money for coming 4th is a myth and will be nothing compared to the shit we will cop well into the distant future.

To me the dilemma has nothing to do with top 4.......

It's the simple concept of wanting us to lose....... Then there's the further bitter taste of wanting that abomination of a club to win... In OUR stadium. It's all just fundamentally opposed to how I feel about my club.

It fucking sucks.

with the way we are playing, if we are 4-0 down within the first 30 minutes it definitely wont be because we are throwing the league, if only that was the case😂

But if we play against city like it is our cup final, after wimpering out of every competition this season, to help secure Woolwich a league title, it’ll all but confirm us as the most cucked club in the league.

I’m not actively cheering for City. But that said, if Villa loses tomorrow and we win, I dread the must win against Sheffield because I feel like this team is so mentally weak.

And frankly, Europa is fine for where we are at this point. So, it wouldn’t exactly break my heart to know that City (and all their cheating and financial doping) won the league. I mean…we all know it’s a hollow victory because they bought it anyway.

If Arse win the league – good for them. They have played well this season. They took a gamble on an unproven coach and gave him time to build his squad; and accepted poor performances in the process.

I am all up for rivalries, but at the end of it, you shake the hand of the winner.

Back
Top Bottom