****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
A real weird one for me. I would have been fine had we won, even with what it means for the Goons, as I don’t think I could ever happily want us to lose (I’ve to admit I’m a melt whenever we lose a game!). Not happy we lost, but there are many other defeats this season to proper lose my shit over than Man City. That it messes with the Goons is a nice little bonus.

Need to now ensure we get the job done against Sheffield United. If we lose that, I’d be miles more furious than any scenario with the Man City match.

Not loads of regulars there tonight - definitely some support for the team but a few too many Woolwich related chants for my preference. Weird way to end the season at home. Meh. August isn’t far away ...
There's always too many Woolwich chants. We should only ever sing about them when we play them.

Granted there were different stakes tonight but the sooner we leave behind the small town obsession the better.

Save the passion for when it counts in the NLD

There's always too many Woolwich chants. We should only ever sing about them when we play them.

Granted there were different stakes tonight but the sooner we leave behind the small town obsession the better.

Save the passion for when it counts in the NLD
Agreed. Stand up if you love Tottenham not hate that lot.

Their "understanding" didn't stretch much further than bagging some wild trf fees for the likes of Coutinho, Suarez & Sterling (?)....... FSG have been meek in terms of their net spend... In the same realms as us (but without the massively expensive stadium project to juggle).

But yeh; regardless..... You and the lads should defo pop round to ENIC HQ and ruff 'em up a bit.
Need a fleet of those SEAL scuba subs just to get at moneybags Joe :levylol:

I totally get that. But there are genuinely people who are happy to see us lose today and wanted us to lose. That's something I can never get my head around. This was not a dead rubber match at kick-off. If it was, my own mentality would be different.
I don't think one spurs fan has cheered the city goals tonight. It's more of a relief that we are not the ones that are deemed to give them the title.

Yeah, I said it yesterday, if we had won against Woolwich we possibly wouldn’t have been wanting Man City to beat us.

But in that alt. universe Arse could have also not lost to WH and we'd have been right back where we started.... With their title challenge on our hands.

The fact is that this game should have been a couple of months ago and all the narrative frenzy and media circus wouldn't have even existed.

I appreciate what you're saying but come on, seriously.

The time for that sort of single minded confidence is when you're delivering the goods.

We shipped 4 to Newcastle, three to Fulham, lost to Chavs, got pumped by Liverpool, got past relegation fodder after going behind and now those around him are the problem?

We faced a once in a century solar eclipse style scenario and fans reacted accordingly. I'm just not having this lecturing from him.

If he is so hell bent on winning, the only ones that can deliver that are him, the team and ENIC.
Imagine trying to do your job whilst 50%(????) of your staff actually want to lose A game.

we are fans so we know what the Spurs fans are thinking that work at hotspur way.

I would be fuming working within this environment too. This he has to change.

as for “us” outside of the club we are just here for the ride, we are reactionary. He wants to win and we won’t the scum to lose, this is okay.

Can't be blaming the fans over one fucking game.
It's disgraceful.

The man has no self-awareness.

What he needed to say was that he got the scum game terribly wrong and didn't give us a chance in hell of avoiding this scenario.

Yet he wants to put it on all us fans, for putting us in this impossible situation.

Fucking shameful.

The reaction here, in the media and with the manager is so weird to me.

We’re talking about an opposing fan base that made a religion out of celebrating st. Totteringham’s day while they were bottling titles to United. That’s what was important to them.

And Spurs fans are an issue for not knowing how to feel about this game? Fuck off. I didn’t hear this shit about those assholes every year.

Well that was an experience I never want to repeat! Probably the quietest I've ever been at a game and so many mixed emotions in the space of 80 minutes. Yes, I confess I left early, couldn't bear it any longer.
The whole evening was surreal and I never want to feel like that again. Such a horrible situation for supporters to be in, whichever way it was going to go, we weren't going to be 100% happy.

Back
Top Bottom