****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
Yeah it was a weird atmosphere. Crowd did get behind the team at times, but it was a bit half-hearted and were generally subdued. No real celebrations among our lot when they scored apart from the two Poznan knobheads. Glad it’s over though.
Not loads of regulars there tonight - definitely some support for the team but a few too many Woolwich related chants for my preference. Weird way to end the season at home. Meh. August isn’t far away ...

I mean, he’s got a point. As a club we shouldn’t be in this position where we’re hoping our rivals don’t win something so we feel better about our lack of achievement

But of course as fans we don’t want to see our rivals win

It’s a horrible situation that we must never find ourselves in
Still weird though. The fans didn't lose at home to Villa, or West Ham, or Wolves, or Woolwich, or Chelsea. The ground is full every game at high prices, large numbers travel to see the team away.

Well, realistically we've won 1 meaningful trophy in over 40 years, so. Just being honest - it's not like ENIC rucked up and turned off the silverware tap as some make out. If we win an FA Cup next season we'll have done as good in 2 decades with ENIC as we did in the 2 decades before them.

Shouldn't be using that kind of context on here, you might get banned, be careful.

Have you ever been to Glasgow, MemphisWill?
Yes.

Again, are you honestly suggesting that some scouse football hooligans intimidated a man worth $5B who can afford a team of ex special forces troops as security consultants into spending money on transfers he otherwise wouldn't have wanted to part with?

Delusional.

I could care less about Ars*nal. This was an embarrassing end to a season that looked promising. Postecoglou has no business being our boss going forward. And Porro should be upgraded to someone who can actually defend.

Still weird though. The fans didn't lose at home to Villa, or West Ham, or Wolves, or Woolwich, or Chelsea. The ground is full every game at high prices, large numbers travel to see the team away.

Yeah, I said it yesterday, if we had won against Woolwich we possibly wouldn’t have been wanting Man City to beat us.

Weird game tonight, I thought we played really well in parts and it was definitely one of our better games.

Strange atmosphere though, I don't blame the fans for that as I was part of it too. At every opportunity to support the side I did, but at the same time I really wasn't fussed that we was losing.

It was a very unfortunate position to be put into, I fucking hate Woolwich and seeing them win the league would be unbearable as our rivals.

I've been very positive about Ange, but I think he needs to understand the rivalry more. How about showing the same passion for losing a match when we were 3-0 down to Woolwich at half time, or 4-0 down to Liverpool or 2-0 down against Chelsea reserves.

Spurs fans have to put up with a lot of shite so it's nice to actually be in a position where we can give some back for a change rather than pretty much handing our biggest rivals the league.

I want my manager to be as demanding as that as well. And I’m positive Ange is.

He will have witnessed all season the culture that exists at the club, from the owners, fans, those that work there and the media. He has stated it’s his job to change much of it and inject a winning mentality. We’ve seen and heard him say it plenty of times and I’m all for giving him time to do it.

I just don’t buy the bolt of lightning discovery that has emerged in the last 48 hours to tell him how fragile the club is and how he needs to go back to the drawing board.

Tonight was a pretty unique situation that got ridiculously hyped by the media and has created a lot of nonsense and trivial BS in equal measure. Unfortunately some fans behaved like idiots and of course they get the focus and attention. Most, were philosophical enough to accept that beating city was unlikely and if that halted the goons title attempt, then great. But now time to move on and get the focus back to supporting Spurs. I like him but don’t think the last 48 hours can have told him more than the last 5-6 months of some very poor performances and team decisions have. As I said, his next conference might be more telling.
I’m guessing that in he last 48hrs he would have picked up the vibes from within the club though, those at Hotspur Way, from physiotherapist to the receptionist. If this was the case then he’s every right to be fumin. You can’t prepare a team in this environment.

Poch did a great job at moving the mentality of aiming bigger than beating Woolwich, I think this is where Ange is at. His focus is not Woolwich, he wants to win the league, something that is impossible to do if that isn’t the focus of everyone at the club. This is what a mentality shift looks like.

Conte put it all on the players and the board. He was absolutely right and, unlike Ange, he had a CV of big trophies to back up his shit.

Ange can say what he likes, but he didn't pick a decent lineup for games against Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool away and it cost us. 4 points from those games and we'd have a shot at top 4. The Chelsea game in particular was a disgrace.
Precisely.

Fuck is even going on??

I’m guessing that in he last 48hrs he would have picked up the vibes from within the club though, those at Hotspur Way, from physiotherapist to the receptionist. If this was the case then he’s every right to be fumin. You can’t prepare a team in this environment.

Poch did a great job at moving the mentality of aiming bigger than beating Woolwich, I think this is where Ange is at. His focus is not Woolwich, he wants to win the league, something that is impossible to do if that isn’t the focus of everyone at the club. This is what a mentality shift looks like.
Everyone is behind that, it wasn't an option on the table in this game though.

I can only imagine your post if Mourinho said the exact same thing haha.

Interestingly I don't think FSG would have "understood" the exact investment required in Liverpool had they not had a few visits from some thuggish scousers concerned about Yanks taking over their club.

I think Tottenham would benefit from some ultras holding their own accountable, whether it is managers or owners, it's equally important.

Their "understanding" didn't stretch much further than bagging some wild trf fees for the likes of Coutinho, Suarez & Sterling (?)....... FSG have been meek in terms of their net spend... In the same realms as us (but without the massively expensive stadium project to juggle).

But yeh; regardless..... You and the lads should defo pop round to ENIC HQ and ruff 'em up a bit.

m guessing that in he last 48hrs he would have picked up the vibes from within the club though, those at Hotspur Way, from physiotherapist to the receptionist. If this was the case then he’s every right to be fumin. You can’t prepare a team in this environment.

I appreciate what you're saying but come on, seriously.

The time for that sort of single minded confidence is when you're delivering the goods.

We shipped 4 to Newcastle, three to Fulham, lost to Chavs, got pumped by Liverpool, got past relegation fodder after going behind and now those around him are the problem?

We faced a once in a century solar eclipse style scenario and fans reacted accordingly. I'm just not having this lecturing from him.

If he is so hell bent on winning, the only ones that can deliver that are him, the team and ENIC.

Btw the treatment of concussion in football is a joke and a timebomb waiting to happen.

Ederson had to be taken from the ground for an assessment. The fact he was not is a legal timebomb as seen in other contact sports around the world.

Yeh, that was appalling.... Totally not by the book.... That fact that they brought him off 5 mins later and he was protesting all the way clearly rubbishes the only acceptable scenario that he was cleared and then asked to come off of his own accord as he didn't feel right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom