Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This will upset some, but I don't think the over 65s should get a concession. On average, the retired actually have more disposable income than the pre-retired population. Those who favour senior concessions favour the working age population (and kids, or rather families) subsidizing them.

I do think the club should have a better offer for young fans.

Yeah. What have the over 65s ever done for the club.

"This Big Mac makes me sick and I've gone off it but I'm gonna eat it anyway"

Sums up the modern day self entitled clueless buffoon who chooses to consume something but then complains about it after :confused:
Idiotic analysis

So from now on, your reply to anybody that has any criticism of the club, team or manager, is simply.....don't watch or support tottenham then ?

This will upset some, but I don't think the over 65s should get a concession. On average, the retired actually have more disposable income than the pre-retired population. Those who favour senior concessions favour the working age population (and kids, or rather families) subsidizing them.

I do think the club should have a better offer for young fans.
Interested in your data.

The average UK salary is around £35k and the average pension is around £18k.

Retirement is not in any way plentiful. Look at how many retired folk struggle to pay their heating bills during winter.

Hi
I get your point. I actually disagree with it somewhat. To explain ... a kid needs a seat at a cinema, on a train, in a plane, at a football ground or wherever. Should they be charged the same as adults? I say no. Irrespective of how commercial the organisation is. With a football club, given its community and social value, and the fact it is in truth substantially insulated from normal commercial rules (due to fan loyalty), there is IMO an even stronger argument for discounts for those less able to pay. Obviously children are in that category. The problem comes beyond that, should there be discounts for the unemployed for example? The retired, as I've posted earlier, in fact have more disposable income than the working age population, there is therefore no argument whatever for their having a discount.
I agree about kids as the club have an interest in getting fans for the future but not Seniors or unemployed.

Interested in your data.

Retirement is not in any way plentiful. Look at how many retired folk struggle to pay their heating bills during winter.

There are still lots of pensioners struggling, but there's also a LOT of pensioners who pay far less in terms of living costs (primarily housing) as well as getting plenty of benefits which cut costs further. Their median income is lower, but they have more 'expendable' income as a lot of working people have to pay extortionate housing costs.

Fuck the local community and fuck you.

This Is a forum you fucking idiot. Is that going to be your response to anybody that makes an observation ?

Twat

Tremendous foruming from the boy Justin there, Jeff.
Opens with a explosive expletives, cranks it up with personal abuse and delivers a devastating insult as the end product.

He's Forummer of the Match for me, Jeff.

I can't imagine driving into the west end at 5.30-7,00 pm is a smooth run, traffic-wise.... Far from it.

I'd assume that the driver will either set his fee according to time of day/projected journey time none the less..... Or just take one look at a traffic report and think "fuck that... there's no money in that trip".
Fuck me, I only gave him an opinion on how to get to covent garden. :ange-facepalm2: :royaltongue:

Interested in your data.

The 'mode' will be well below the 'mean'.....

Minimum wage (@40hrs) is £23,795 before tax.... Even less if you're under 21. Nor will you get any assistance via tax breaks, bills or housing.

Back
Top Bottom