Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (Sunday, 16:00 GMT)

Liverpool are without Steven Gerrard for the festive period because of injury, which is a massive blow for them.

This next month will give them an indication of how difficult it is going to be to replace him when his playing days are over.

The Reds are without Daniel Sturridge too, so it is just as well that Luis Suarez is in such dazzling form at the moment. He has been nothing short of sensational lately.

But I just think Tottenham have turned the corner. There was a massive over-reaction to their 6-0 defeat at Manchester City and, if you look at their performances and results since then, they have come good.

Spurs have had two good wins on the road at Fulham and Sunderland and I can see them making it three in a row with a win at White Hart Lane.

Liverpool have been very good at despatching teams at home but they have been inconsistent and dropped points away from Anfield. For me, you cannot under-estimate the impact that the loss Gerrard will have on them.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Liverpool

Lawro has got his last three Spurs predictions spot-on...

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

I'm gay. Let me tell you right now that there's no way in hell I'd fuck a post-op trans woman. Why? Because she has a pussy, not a penis, and she is a woman in every meaningful regard. The vast majority of us are attracted to people, not their histories!

Banter mate. That is all.

I would not have sex with a tranny though. The manly features are still very visible.

We'll need to be on our game as we'll be missing our usual goal scorer in this game.......

jamiecarragherowngoal_275x155.jpg

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas said Roberto Soldado is not guaranteed to start against Liverpool on Sunday despite scoring his first hat-trick for the club against Anzhi Makhachkala.
The striker scored three in the 4-1 win with Spurs already having topped Europa League Group K prior to kick-off.
"We have to think about it," said Villas-Boas of Soldado's chances.
"It's a bit premature. We always wanted to give this game to Roberto after two games in a row for Jermain Defoe."
Fellow striker Defoe has started Tottenham's two previous Premier League games, where they have beaten Sunderland and Fulham.
"Jermain was deserving of his chance as well," added Villas-Boas. "Now it's about putting the best possible strategy of the game and seeing what we can do.
"What this will help is put the player back with confidence with his final touch and a striker always lives off goals so it's extremely important."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25358358

:paulinhobored:

Last edited:
In fairness, Nicholson didn't win anything until his third season and Burkinshaw until his fifth season. AVB has had one chance to win silverware.

AVB obviously isn't anywhere near their class yet but he's only had one season.
Agree, thats what bugs me. States are only for the air heads and TV. They can mean whatever you wish.
I hope AVB does achieve everything he portrays to be?

I'm gay. Let me tell you right now that there's no way in hell I'd fuck a post-op trans woman. Why? Because she has a pussy, not a penis, and she is a woman in every meaningful regard. The vast majority of us are attracted to people, not their histories!
To those disliking my post: If Rodgers is somehow gay for being attracted to a transwoman, then surely if you are straight men you should be turned on by this wonderful person, after all they only have a "fake" penis
I wasn't aware that people were suggesting he was gay??
If Brendan rodgers (ha!) a transvestite, it suggests that he fancied sex with someone with a vagina... whether that vagina was there from birth, or has been concocted out of a toilet roll and sticky-back plastic more recently was probably not on his mind at the time... anyway, shouldn't this more of an issue;
Personal life
Rodgers is married to Susan
, with whom he has a son, Anton, who currently plays for Oldham Athletic, and a daughter, Mischa.

....that said, I think it's all been made up anyway, and the whole story is some media-grabbing publicity stunt isn't it...? Has Chelsey Harwood got a Chritsmas single coming out or summit?

BTW....
I'd have lost the scarf personally!

Although many changes again last night , the team seemed balanced and up for it. With Rose making a show, Soldado getting tri and better things from Naugton on and Lamela and Townsend looking bang form again. A good performance Sunday in front of a rejuvenated crowd should get the result. Lets just hope AVB is bang on with his team selection. I really would like to see Sigurdsson play, I feel he has been really unlucky as he was one of the few putting in good performances earlier on. Brenda Rodgers- Mm?
My only concern is THFC don't do 2nd place at Xmas!

This is precisely the attitude we should be taking into league games immediately after a rousing win in Europe... which is why I can't fathom how we've struggled in these games so far... it's not like he's playing the same XI and their knackerd!!
I'd say mix it up a little bit, but those who have recovered in time, and are still buoyed by last night should probably keep their place, if not in the team, then most certainly in the 15...
The likes of Soldado, Holtby, Capoue and Dembele must surely feature at some point on Sunday, or else what's the point of getting them game time in a 'meaningless-ish' midweek game, if not to improve their confidence/match-fitness??

This is precisely the attitude we should be taking into league games immediately after a rousing win in Europe... which is why I can't fathom how we've struggled in these games so far... it's not like he's playing the same XI

The rub? (not a Brendan pun)

Not saying we can, or should, but maybe a few less changes....for example, Lamela being dropped after the Sheriff game against Toon was odd.

And even Soldado still hasnt done enough to cement a start on Sunday.

We need to start filtering out the wheat from the chaff. Right wing should be sorted. CMs should be sorted.

Back four (injuries aside) should be sorted.

And for me, the first striker should be Soldado.

That leaves LW (Chadli for me....with Lamela and Townsend on his coat tails) and AM to juggle. The whole team doesnt need constant shuffling especially on the back of good games.

The team should be

Lloris

Rose
Vertonghen
Chiriches
Walker

Sandro
Dembele
Paulinho

Townsend
Lennon
Soldado

With Liverpool shorn of a couple of important players, I would love to see us demolish them the way the scum did....

The team should be
Lloris
Rose
Vertonghen
Chiriches

Walker
Sandro
Dembele
Paulinho
Townsend
Lennon
Soldado

With Liverpool shorn of a couple of important players, I would love to see us demolish them the way the scum did....

Even if they spun their blood constantly, and shoved it all back in just before kick-off, I don't think they'll be ready for Sunday...!
...or were you just saying 'in an ideal world'???

Back
Top Bottom