Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We look rubbish. It's not like we're up against City where the class and depth is evident. This is fucking Liverpool. We're making the likes of Sterling, Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen look like fucking Barcelona. It's so fucking annoying.

I was one of AVBs biggest supporters, but he's losing me. This performance has been absolutely terrible.
he don't had solutions in defense for this match,missing Rose, Vertonghen and Chiriches,it's obvious we have problems there,in defense (left back especially),it's not guilty of Naughton ,he make what he could in this moment) ...Liverpoll cynical , 3 chances in the first half = 2 goals

Wow! That was humbling.
I'm sure we're all unhappy with the calamitous defending but a back 4 which contains a midfielder and Naughton with an unfit and then no Sandro was always going to struggle.

What's more alarming is how few of our players are showing the appetite to get forward, track back and generally make things happen.
I'm a massive Lennon fan but its like he can't be asked to go to brazil with Hodgson in the stands.
Ironically given how we've played I'd put Soldado as our best player thus far. Also impressed by Chadli's input which I can't remember saying for a while!

despite all the shite going around, the one thing that cheers me up is how soldado and lloris are working their goddamn arses off

I was one of AVBs biggest supporters, but he's losing me. This performance has been absolutely terrible.
What would you have done differently, out of interest?

There's no other defenders to chose from, Soldado and Lennon I assume you agreed with? Chadli may have been controversial but he was our best player in that half. He would have been told by the fitness team and Sandro himself that Sandro was able to play, but unfortunately it didn't work.

wait a second
how can any of u blame AVB for this
our defense has been utter crap due to lack of focus its not like AVB can control their every movement and thought
His insistence to play the high line with Dawson and Capoue against a Liverpool team that can all pass over the top and with a striker that loves to run in behind is suicidal. We are not going to out possess Liverpool. Hardly anybody does that. Drop back, play safer, put Townsend on the left and Lennon or Lamela on the right and counter them. We've played into their hands by trying to compete with them in the possession game and they've killed us for it.

I'm sorry but it's not the manager holding us back. It's Levy and the board selling all our best players. We had a once in a decade type of talent with about 3 or 4 years left on his contract and sold him. Now take a wee look at what the scousers did with theirs who also wanted to leave.
wait a second
how can any of u blame AVB for this
our defense has been utter crap due to lack of focus its not like AVB can control their every movement and thought
so - no thoughts about playing a midfielder in the back 4 and a right back at left back to mark one of the fastest footballers in the PL?

What the fuck was Dawson doing on the second goal. He could've just tried body Henderson off the ball but he ran around Henderson and just let it fall to him and shoot.
Dawson pisses me off to no end. Horrific passes, stupid movement, ball watching... gah

despite all the shite going around, the one thing that cheers me up is how soldado and lloris are working their goddamn arses off

Plus other positives Chadli and Walker - apart from that though.... not a good day so far, would give a kidney to see Vertonghen in that side today.....

Back
Top Bottom