Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5 pts from the first three is decent. We will always have a somewhat slow (and lowscoring) start to the season. I'm confident we will score more than 2 against Stoke. It takes some time till the EUROs and pre-season wears off.

I'm content with the points tally so far, what worries me is that our whole attacking unit look completely off the pace /knackered or uninterested
Still early days , and we more or less always keep ourselves in games becuase of our excellent defence and overall spirit

It's simple. The elephant in the room in this forum is they can't admit Eriksen has been the weak link in midfield.

He lost the ball on countless occasions and gave Liverpool their best chances.

It really is the Lamelaphant in the room. There is a lot of pride at steak from the loudest posters on this forum.

They can't budge, admit the truth that Eriksem has been the weakest link on the pitch.

Wanyama was great defensively. Saved our bacon after Eriksen and Lamela lost the ball in front of him over and over resulting in most of Liverpools chances. He did his job.

The players tasked with supplying Kane and Janssen? They are the issue.

Got to be post of the day that.

Eriksen faded against West Brom at the back end of the season and hasn't recaptured any of his early promise. Why Poch can"t see this is beyond me, especially as he alleges to pick his starting eleven based on form?

The sensitive souls in here possibly can't see a thing wrong in his play but the rest of the team have been carrying him for a few games more than he should be getting as a starter.

I pray to God that Poch and Levy have something bigger to grasp at than Zaha or we will be fucked a plenty this season.

I'm a bit confused about why people (I mean cunts) are kicking off about our start.

Two draws (Everton are strong at home, Liverpool are a good team) and a win is a decent start. Fucking get over yourselves. The performances will get better, it is far far too early to be losing faith.

Anyone who disagrees with me...well go fuck your self you cock juggling thundercunt.
What happened to our support? Really. What have we done to deserve these instant gratification cunts? I really fucking hate them - they're embarrassing.

We needed somebody like Sofiane Boufal or Yarmolenko today. We're a bit short squad wise and
a bit short of pace. Kane's distribution was woeful. Onomah still falling over too much.

We needed somebody like Sofiane Boufal or Yarmolenko today. We're a bit short squad wise and
a bit short of pace. Kane's distribution was woeful. Onomah still falling over too much.

It's quite astonishing that the same people who say "no no, the squad is good" are the first people to melt when we play badly. It's almost like they're really fucking stupid.

It's quite astonishing that the same people who say "no no, the squad is good" are the first people to melt when we play badly. It's almost like they're really fucking stupid.
I think it's more believing in Pochettino and then when a result doesn't go their way, the frustration and anger gets the better of them.

A point at home to Liverpool isn't a bad result. A lot of top teams will also fail to beat Liverpool at home this season, I mean rewind a few weeks back and Woolwich got 4 put passed them ffs.

The most stupid thing is, I guarantee this too, if Wanyama and Janssen were signed August 31st they would say great window, the obsession with shiny new things as opposed to polishing the existing ones is extraordinary.

They think someone walking in the door now "Hi my name is X" will have more effect than people Poch has worked with for years, especially when nobody really is selling quality anymore it would be tough to find someone who makes a genuine difference when we know our first 11

I think it's more believing in Pochettino and then when a result doesn't go their way, the frustration and anger gets the better of them.

A point at home to Liverpool isn't a bad result. A lot of top teams will also fail to beat Liverpool at home this season, I mean rewind a few weeks back and Woolwich got 4 put passed them ffs.
Agreed a point at home ain't bad, and it's these games where the young players who today we think aren't so good turn out, in a few years, to be pretty decent

It was a point on a very bad day against a good team.

We'll all take that.
I agree, but I bet at least half of those 9 people who agreed with you have also said liverpool are crap & we will easily finish ahead of them etc.

Good point as far as I'm concerned, it took a few games last season to click into gear and then bang we beat city, plus we have November to look forward and Kane started hitting the back of the net.
COYS

The start of a season is always going to be a bit iffy, unless you are lucky. Players can't and don't have full match fitness or, more critically, sharpness. One of our key players can't play until mid September. Picking up points is all that matters, and 5 from 3 is fine. For goodness sake, the two draws we've had are matches that are a respectable par for any team in the division. We're doing just fine. Have a little faith or fuck off with your armchair and support Bayern Munich. They won 6-0 this weekend. That might make you happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom