Tottenham Hotspur v Limassol (2nd Leg) Europe League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every white rhino wants to be a goal keeper and every goal keeper wants to be a rhino

tumblr_mazrps3r7n1r49x5ro1_500.gif

This is a fair point from Windy. Townsend looked nervous and was pressing a lot during the game. Before the penalty it looked like he was about to cry. Clearly he could tell he was having a poor game and you know he's feeling the pressure about the transfer talk because he loves Spurs. He needs to relax a bit like he did after the penalty.

A tidy win. Well done to the boys.

Thanks everyone for your cyber company. It's lonely here in the Land of the Goalkeeping White Rhinos.

The commentry was stupid as per usual. Not only the white rhinos comment, which completely missed the point that the freekick wasnt given becaue of infringement on Lloris, it was because their player mounted our defender - blatantly.
The worst bit though, was, "Harrys Cain, and Able." :pochfacepalm:

Last edited:
This is a fair point from Windy. Townsend looked nervous and was pressing a lot during the game. Before the penalty it looked like he was about to cry. Clearly he could tell he was having a poor game and you know he's feeling the pressure about the transfer talk because he loves Spurs. He needs to relax a bit like he did after the penalty.

and Paulinho wanted to take it too. I think a few of our midfielders are under pressure to show what they can do, because at least one of them is going to get shipped out before the window closes, and Poch presumably has a big say regarding which will stay.

If he wants a starting place he needs to show that he can take instructions. Right now, he always takes about five touches too many and fucks up the rythm of our attacks.

I think Townsend's main problem is that he is under a really high pressure of expectations from the fans, the staff and himself. I mean he played well at QPR and at Spurs until his injury last year, no pressure on him, everybody was lenient with his tunnle vision problem. But then he suddenly became part of the team with bigger expectations and I fear he can't handle them...

Beside the fact that I'm getting more and more the impression that he'll never play a substantial role at Spurs, I still hope he stays and maybe Poch can kick the shit out of him and make him a useful player.

Back
Top Bottom