Tottenham Hotspur v Limassol (2nd Leg) Europe League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was a decent performance, especially considering only one or two of those who played are anywhere near the first choice eleven, Hugo aside. Comfortable winners, never in doubt and some of the players linked with being moved on at least tried. Paulinho in particular looked hungry to impress and Sandro played well in the second half.

For me though it was the pressing, as noted by others. If we lost the ball or they had possession our players were closing down instantly and the second goal came because Vlad made a challenge on the edge of their box. High line or what? ;)

Yeh I was thinking what the fuck is Vlad doing tackling players in their own penalty box, it led to a goal which is fair enough but the guy is a bit mental sometimes it's like he gets a coke rush every 10 mins or so and sprints towards the opposition.

I thought we played well. Not necessarily an entertaining game but we had a job to do and we did it well. I thought everyone played well - especially Kane, Chiriches and the two CMs. Most disappointing was Lennon. Forgot he was on the pitch for 95% of the game.

Absolute worst thing about this game: - Clarke fucking Carlisle. My word his commentary is the worst thing in the world. I just want to punch his voice until I never have to hear it again.

Other than Townsends well taken penalty I thought he was useless as well, Lennon and Townsend just don't seem to fit the playing style.

AEL fans were good in that European way, constant singing but it just becomes a constant dreary din IMO, like traffic noise. Seems less about supporting their team, really, as if they're barely even watching the match.

constant singing ≠ supporting the team?

Yeh I was thinking what the fuck is Vlad doing tackling players in their own penalty box, it led to a goal which is fair enough but the guy is a bit mental sometimes it's like he gets a coke rush every 10 mins or so and sprints towards the opposition.

The bloke did try and dribble it out of defence, I think he got his PS controls muddled or thought he was Maldini.

Our centre halves floating up top have led to 2 goals in 4 games.

keep doing it I say.

Can't understand why we play both wingers on the wrong side thus nullifying their ability to be wingers as neither can pass wind on their weaker foot, let alone a defender.
I hate to go against the flow but I thought Chiriches was poor, looked physically weak, didn't win many headers and doesn't dominate at the back.
There were certainly 5-6 out there who are only on the edges of the squad and if they could be moved on I'd take the money and run.

not sure what you expected tbh, miracle we got 26k+ in there. was a decent laugh where I was stood anyway

Didn't expect anything else I guess but I missed Sunday so I suppose it was just dissapointment about that, seeing as it was such a flat atmosphere in the first half. This was, of course, due to the dull game at that point but credit where it's due, the 2nd half was a far better performance (as AEL had to go for it) and thus the crowd responded accordingly.

I was also "tired and emotional" when I posted. :)

AEL fans were good in that European way, constant singing but it just becomes a constant dreary din IMO, like traffic noise. Seems less about supporting their team, really, as if they're barely even watching the match.

Their chants and what they sing is quite relevant to their team, if you could understand what they were singing you'd be more impressed.

awful first half, marginally better second half. The team that started were nearly all second-raters IMO and apart from Hugo and maybe Younes, Kane and Davies (because he has just arrived), would take an offer for all of them. Townsend was awful, and I'm thinking maybe we are only turning down Southampton's offer to make a swap/deal.

Except for the odd stupid Geordie, what is the obsession with foreign fans taking their shirts off during matches? Obviously they are displaying how masculine and fearless they are, like standing up in an all seater stadium for example, but what else? Is there a european moob league we dont know about or have been banned from because we would always win it? Or is there a high percentage of homo erotic supporters across the continent? I may need to ask this question when I go to Belgrade

Except for the odd stupid Geordie, what is the obsession with foreign fans taking their shirts off during matches? Obviously they are displaying how masculine and fearless they are, like standing up in an all seater stadium for example, but what else? Is there a european moob league we dont know about or have been banned from because we would always win it? Or is there a high percentage of homo erotic supporters across the continent? I may need to ask this question when I go to Belgrade

постоји висок проценат хомо еротских присталица широм континента? Not sure how to say it though.

Back
Top Bottom