Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Credit to the players for coming back from behind twice though. Spurs teams of old would have crumbled after the first goal. Especially after yesterday we have no idea what affect it had on the players.

So gutted. I was sure the cup was ours this year. Even at 3-2 I thought we had a good chance but then matic hits a worldie from nowhere and you could just see our players pondering what the hell it is they have to do to win.

Two things can happen now. Either that massively derails our season, or we dust ourselves off and try to get revenge by running them as close as possible to the league title. I trust that this squad has the nuts to do the latter. Still some huge games to get up for.

To have the champions elect camped in their own half is impressive . 3 defensive mistakes cost us 3 goals , Toby , Son & not marking Hazard was just one of those days .

I kind of understands Poch thinking behind playing Son LB but after 15 mins it was clear Moses had the better of him, it was a risk but failed. Son kind of deserved his place for his fa cup record this season but Poch should have been stronger & played players in correct positions . Yeah Davis lacks pace but he wouldn't have been so keen to push up as Sonny did.

In hinesight , maybe Trips lb & walker rb, dropping Son to be an impact sub.

Awwwww, what the fuck do I know , Poch is our best manager in decades & I love him.

We had the better of possession and of chance creation than them for sure. If not for our defensive mistakes and 2 gifted goals, we should have ground this one out 3-2. Its ok though, we will learn and grow from this. Only sad part is this was the only chance we had for the rest of the season to definitively stop them from getting the double.

To have the champions elect camped in their own half is impressive . 3 defensive mistakes cost us 3 goals , Toby , Son & not marking Hazard was just one of those days .

I kind of understands Poch thinking behind playing Son LB but after 15 mins it was clear Moses had the better of him, it was a risk but failed. Son kind of deserved his place for his fa cup record this season but Poch should have been stronger & played players in correct positions . Yeah Davis lacks pace but he wouldn't have been so keen to push up as Sonny did.

In hinesight , maybe Trips lb & walker rb, dropping Son to be an impact sub.

Awwwww, what the fuck do I know , Poch is our best manager in decades & I love him.

Agree with all that but Atkinson is still a bent cunt
:wansum:

When it comes down to it, we are currently getting everything we can out of this squad to be where we are. If we want to go that extra bit and start regularly winning things we need more quality. We need to be able to rotate, to deal with the extra pressure of the cups, to deal with injuries. It always comes back to money when you really break it down. We don't have a lot of it, so we have to be much much smarter about how we spend it.

3 of the goals were preventable.

Which is where we will learn. If Chelsea had scored 4 goals like Matic's then it's just bad luck. We will learn NOT to fucking leave players on the edge of the box unmarked. Lloris will hopefully learn where to position himself better and Poch will learn not to play attacking players like Son at wing back so they make stupid fouls that lead to the penalty.

We will get there. It's not easy to win cup after cup or even to get to a final. This team is TOO good not to win things. Hell, for the first time in fucking years we have fans of other clubs and pundits all saying the same stuff. We are TOO good not to. Do you know how far we've come in just 2 years? Hell, 2 years ago this result would have been deemed Spursy.

Tonight, it's deemed unlucky.

I've not read any comments yet. I'm on the tube back from Wembley. We gave dogs abuse to those cunts all the way and not a ducking thing.
I just wanted to say... fuck anyone who has a bad word to say. We were by far the better team.
We were brilliant today. Fuck Chelsea and fuck anyone else who wants to be a negative cunt
COYS

So gutted. I was sure the cup was ours this year. Even at 3-2 I thought we had a good chance but then matic hits a worldie from nowhere and you could just see our players pondering what the hell it is they have to do to win.

Two things can happen now. Either that massively derails our season, or we dust ourselves off and try to get revenge by running them as close as possible to the league title. I trust that this squad has the nuts to do the latter. Still some huge games to get up for.

Yep, a couple of years ago I would've said this, not anymore. We are a different beast these days.
Poch I'm sure will tell them how good they were today, best team by a mile out there.
He'll keep reminding them of the end of last season, use it positively for the run-in.

2nd and record PL points total is massive plus for our club, and represents another step forward under Poch.

The free kick was in as perfect position and distance as you can get. Someone only needs get it up and over and will likely score. Maybe hugo could have left a gap in his wall in middle so he could see but think we need to look at how our line could be so high up to force us into a tackle like that so early in the game.
Pass that advice on to Mauricio you obviously know better

Back
Top Bottom