Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

can anyone recommend any boozers in central london to catch this game?
Have a mate visiting the UK, been booked for months, so need to stick to my commitment of meeting him, on the condition he watches the game in a decent pub. Appreciate any known watering holes that will show it, and some decent beers... #nofosters #noharplagertop :dierpochhug:

I do hope that were not complacent going into this game

(Please don't hammer the dislikes but...)

Yes we are on a massive high, yes they have stumbled ever so slightly. But Watford gave us a game for about 15 mins and then conceded and Bournemouth barely turned up.

I just hope we realise the task in hand and don't let the occasion get to us (as we have on numerous occasions previously at Wembley).

If we play at our best then we have every chance of beating them.

So does Poch sacrifice a man to mark the shit out of Hazard?

Can other teams copy José Mourinho’s template for nullifying Chelsea? | Michael Cox

It was an ineffectual performance from Hazard IMO. Herrera is hardly a defensive powerhouse. If he turns up like that on Saturday then Wanyama will have him in his pocket all game.
Agree...
What about us beating them at WHL-played them off the park. Maybe Mourinho got tips from Poch. JM played the same in the FAC and got beat 1 nil and we didn't lose 4 nil at their gaff or were outplayed. I just feel Chelsea have become predicable and are beatable against a decent team. They are a decent outfit and can match us if they get it right. I also believe we are a decent side and are capable in beating them.

Chelsea will be right up for this and will be motivated.

Im just hoping we get it right and not play the occasion. its a big game for us with a big prize. Its not the end of our season, if it all goes wrong but will hurt massively . Fate will play its hand and lets hope we are victorious. There is no reason why we should not get the result. If theres one thing we can learn for JM on Sunday is, be motivated and want it-the rest seems to take care of itself.

:coys:

I woke up today with a really strange feeling of optimism. Looking at the fans, players, lack of rotation from Chelsea.. I can really see this being an extremely tight race to the final game where we'll nick it.

I've never felt like this before, I'm looking at it from the outside, trying to put on my neutral glasses and it makes so much sense for us to just run rampant and beat everyone. We're genuinely the best team in the country right now and the last 2 months will prove it. We may draw or lose a game, but it'll still be very very tight. Chelsea's fixtures only look easy because of their form in the middle of the season. But their legs are running out, they've just about beaten teams lately and when a team has nothing to play for (Their opponents) they play with a sense of freedom.

Everyone's looking at the Everton game, but right now they're all on the same level. This is the time when opponents position in the league table doesn't mean much.

I cannot fucking wait.

I do hope that were not complacent going into this game

(Please don't hammer the dislikes but...)

Yes we are on a massive high, yes they have stumbled ever so slightly. But Watford gave us a game for about 15 mins and then conceded and Bournemouth barely turned up.

I just hope we realise the task in hand and don't let the occasion get to us (as we have on numerous occasions previously at Wembley).

If we play at our best then we have every chance of beating them.

Yeah, feels a little bit like the City away game - it's sometimes easier going in to these games on a slight downer as Poch (and most other managers) don't like changing a winning team.

We should probably match up with them playing 343, but I could understand if Poch sticks with 4231.

I don't think Poch needs lessons from Jose on how to nullify Chelsea

Disagree all you want MikeBasset MikeBasset , the simple fact is that Chelsea had beaten Utd 4-0 and 1-0 already before we had done them 2-0 at home in a near perfect performance. Maybe it was Jose doing all the learning from us, despite his crowing about a red card in the cup game.

Oh dont tell me, we learned on Sunday that you should mark Hazard and Costa. Brilliant stuff.

Disagree all you want MikeBasset MikeBasset , the simple fact is that Chelsea had beaten Utd 4-0 and 1-0 already before we had done them 2-0 at home in a near perfect performance. Maybe it was Jose doing all the learning from us, despite his crowing about a red card in the cup game.

Oh dont tell me, we learned on Sunday that you should mark Hazard and Costa. Brilliant stuff.
i didint expect to get a mention but why you was so upset i disagree with it ? lolz
well first of all most of the teams try to mark diego costa and hazard generally but only united did it properly . and its not about winning the last head to heads its about how united improved and chelsea gone backforwards .the 1-0 game was in chelsea's ground ( where we lost 2-1) and they had a man down still they played well . and this sunday was the worst chelsea of all time after the abrahimoviç they had 0 shots on target it sums it up pretty much and in our 2-0 game we werent that dominant even chelsea had more passes and shit .

Hi, I have a ticket for the semi, but want to swap it for the Man U game. I've been offered a 'three-way' swap if I can get a ticket in either the East or South lower. If it can, I will be able to get a ticket for me and my 12 year old lad. Contact me if anyone is interested, or can put me in touch with some one who is. I have posted messages on a couple of FB face Value pages too.

well first of all most of the teams try to mark diego costa and hazard generally but only united did it properly . and its not about winning the last head to heads its about how united improved and chelsea gone backforwards

So we didnt do it properly when we beat Chelsea after 13 straight wins? But Utd did, just two weeks after Crystal Palace beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge...and 4 games before that, Burnley drew with them.
Maybe Jose had been watching Fat Sam's tactics eh..

and its not about winning the last head to heads its about how united improved and chelsea gone backforwards.the 1-0 game was in chelsea's ground ( where we lost 2-1) and they had a man down still they played well

What? United improved from losing 4-0 to Chelsea. That was also at the ground where we lost 2-1 and totally dominated them in the first half. Your point about the 1-0 makes no sense....they lost 4-0 with 11 men.
Yes they improved, but as you say, Chelsea have gone backwards since then. Which means we beat a Chelsea team in much better form than Utd faced the other day.

and this sunday was the worst chelsea of all time after the abrahimoviç they had 0 shots on target it sums it up pretty much and in our 2-0 game we werent that dominant even chelsea had more passes and shit .

Dont know what your really saying. Again you seem to be saying Chelsea were shittest they have ever played under Abramovich, yet you are lauding Jose as if he stopped the best team on the planet.

Utd did a very good job. We did just that 4 months ago under tougher circumstances with regards to Chelsea's form and lack of injuries at the time.

Don't know if I'm going to be able to see this live, will be on a ship sailing the Med - Mum's 80th birthday pressie - and when I booked it, we were playing Leicester away! Still, haven't been a particularly lucky omen for us in semis - been to 5 of the last six and lost them all! This will be my 50th year of being a Spurs supporter, and as it all started at the FA Cup final against the Chavs in 1967, how sweet it would be to reach the final at their expense! But most of all, want it so much for this beautiful team and our beautiful manager. COYS

Youngster!!

My start was 1961 when we were great!!

:harryhmm:

Haven't been this nervous before a match for quite some time. Chelsea hardest fixtures are the 2 after the semi, this is going to be a nerve wrecking week all around.

There will be no proper sleep till Sunday at least.

I'm not nervous I'm relishing the prospect of turning those smug, classless cunts over!

Quietly confident
(Not really I'm shouting it from the rooftops)

Can't wait!
:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom