Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son is a huge gamble IMO. Despite his rich scoring form there have been games this season where he has gone missing for large parts of the 90 minutes and I am worried he will struggle to adapt to a new position in a high pressure game.

Baffling to drop Costa and Hazard. Batshuyi will give our centrehalves some pace to worry about instead of Costa's brawling approach, but Hazard being dropped is cer-ayy-zee

The team is basically what the Chelsea fans on forums have been asking for, except for dropping Hazard. They all know Costa is already in China or back at Atletico and that he isn't the kind of striker to cause our CBs problems. Batshit hasn't played much though has he? I didn't think Conte rated him.

raw

I reckon we are going with a flat back 4. Verts at LB. No way is he risking Son at LWB imo. Son has plenty of strong points but defensively he's shit. He's not got the build or the personality to throw himself about in tackles. Can only think that Poch has switched formation to allow him to play due to his form.

Having a think about this: a team lineup with the intention of blowing them out the water, then being able to sure up the defence with Davies later on?

Also, Tripper over Walker due to his crossing ability with scope for bringing a Walker on against tired legs?

If they bring Hazard on, I think we should immediately match it with a Walker substitution.

I don't suppose anyone predicted this line up. Still, Poch has played curve balls in big games before and pulled it off so we shall see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom