Tottenham Hotspur v Chav tastic Ass holes FC. Sunday 26th Feb, 1.30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

6 minutes was somebody killed.
Hopefully Chelsea FC!

No Problem Reaction GIF

He was poor on the ball but good off of it.

And the thing about off the ball players is they don’t have poor days like on the ball players. The off the ball stuff like movement, workrate, pressing is always there.

Even in those last 10 minutes, you could see son was weak off the ball. He just doesn’t go into tackles. Nothing against son… we have to find a way to utilize him and we are too poor off the ball to have him and Kane both play 90.
exactly that. their bad days are still productive for the team. hes not a wide player but still offering much more than son does just through his mentality alone. would still be nice to see him up top in a 2. the FA cup game would be perfect to try

...and the following website agrees with me...

You're not doing yourself any favours here mate. "Ref" is a commonly accepted short form of "referee", it doesn't need an apostrophe to show missing letters. You make it sound like "belonging the ref".

I can't lie.

A win is a win and that was a win against Chelsea. A good win however it is achieved.

However; that is the worst Chelsea side / performance I have witnessed since the early nineties.

First half was a difficult watch. Two poor teams.

Second half Spurs were better than we were in the first half and better than Chelsea.

Took too long to get the second goal. Chelsea were there for the taking / a good humping.

Spurs left the door open until Kane scored the 2nd.

Pleased for Skipp but I want to be entertained watching Spurs.

Which game did you watch?

Honestly, with that run we ought to be challenging for higher than 4th. Not good enough for the title, though Woolwich are always capable of imploding, but at least higher than 4th is on offer...in among the next six games:
City v Newcastle
Newcastle v Man U
Man City v Liverpool
Liverpool v Man U
Finishing third, with positive runs in both cups, and regaining the positive feeling around the club would be ideal heading into a summer where if can recruit two top notch CBs and a creative player we’re going to a squad that can really compete at the highest level.

Fucking delighted with that win. If we weren’t such a passive side we’d have put 4 or 5 past them. They were terrible and playing without confidence, the opposite of us who look like a team with it coming together. Maybe it will come though but they seem to be playing without fear, which can only be because they aren’t waiting for a bollocking from Conte.

Absolutely over the moon for Skipp getting that goal.

An "abreviated" plural, huh?

Making an Abbreviation Plural
Simply add an “s” to an abbreviation to make it plural. (Do not add an apostrophe.)

I can’t open the link but what does it say about making a contraction plural rather than an abbreviation? That’s what we are debating. I’d never say, for example, NGO’s is correct grammar; it should be NGOs.

You're not doing yourself any favours here mate. "Ref" is a commonly accepted short form of "referee", it doesn't need an apostrophe to show missing letters. You make it sound like "belonging the ref".

Doesn’t need is not the same as cannot have. Contractions do have apostrophes, and one can contract any word if one wishes, m’lord.

Back
Top Bottom