Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch begins with the question on everyone's lips: Is Harry Kane available? "He’s good. He’s very good. I think we need to assess him. One training session more and then decide, but I think he’s doing well and I’m happy for him. "Maybe he's going to be available to be part of the squad. We all know that Harry is an animal and wants to be ready as soon as possible. "The issue that he suffered is tough to recover from, you can't push and push. We are so happy that the last 10 days have been fantastic and being available again will be a massive impact for all of us."

Stick him on th bench. No point risking him for 2 huge games against Chelsea and Woolwich next week. Only use him if the team is struggling

At least we're first thing Saturday.
Either make the weekend or ruin it early.

giphy.gif

Genuinely hope Mike Dean gets the absolute shit kicked out of him. Proper cunt.
You've lost your grip on reality if you think he had any bearing on us losing. He's a shit ref agreed but each of the key decisions had a near equivalent the other way. The corner/the throw in. The tackle on Rose/Foyth's tackle.

We did it to ourselves, we did, and that's what really hurts. Us and no one else.

Last edited:
I feel at such a loose end this weekend, that this game can't come soon enough. It wasn't that long ago that I was bemoaning that there were too many games!
I hope we can break them down early doors, otherwise it's going to be like pulling teeth, and we can't keep relying on getting last minute winners - my nerves can't take it!

So I'm at the airport waiting for the gate number, hoping everything is on time so I can get home by kick off time. If not, will just have to find a pub en route and watch it there. However have a horrible feeling that it's not going to be our day as last time I was here, we played the goons away and we all know how that panned out! Still, let's hope luck is on our side and again, the three points should be the be all and end all today. COYS

Think it’s alright to be angry after that performance. There was a huge amount riding on that game and we knew what we were in for but instead we got bullied all over the pitch. We were lethargic in possession and looked toothless in the final third.

I get top teams lose these types of games and you can’t always play well but given what was riding on today, the manner of the defeat was just really disappointing.

Also i wish ppl would stop using this ‘do you remember the days of Christian Gross’ as an argument against fans being pissed off. This team and manager is so good, the best in my life and because of that, it raises expectations and quite rightly, because we’re such a good side and have some exceptionally gifted individuals it’s perfectly acceptable to be pissed off at losing to Burnley with a limp performance.

I look at the starting eleven, and then I look at our bench. Both strong. Then I look at who's missing (Sanchez, Dier, Trippier, Alli). Then I look at our league position and our performances this year and all the barriers we have got through to get there. Then I look in wonderment at all the hacks and so called supporters who have been telling us all season that we have a weak squad, needed to sign players in the last 2 windows and are not contenders for top 4 this year. Then I smile, contended.

The 'break' has also helps our wallets, one of the reasons that our crowd figures are down is money. Eight games in January followed by three more in the first two weeks in February ... even if you have the time, not many can afford to keep that up

Luckily we've just been able to celebrate Valentine's Day on the back of a CL win (my missus asked why I was so happy, "it's because I love you" just rolled of the tongue) and for the first time this year we have had a family weekend uninterrupted by football

It's all about building up brownie points for when those CL away days swing back around ... make the most of it whilst you can

Now bring on Burnley as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms ....

Back
Top Bottom