Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was Werner just a speedster without end product vs Brighton?
He was pretty effective.

Got several crosses in, one I felt Richi should have done better with
One disappointing one straight to keeper
Had the beating of Lamptey on the outside
And inside, a mazy run ending in a shot deflected just wide, keeper beaten
He gave them a lot of bother. And Lamptey is no mug.

And did Son come on to provide this clinical touch in the end of the game?

Yes, but it was the only thing he'd done and for the first time there was space down the left (partly caused by Richi moving into space for his first involvement)

Good cross to far post. Identical to Werner's for Johnson's goal v Brentford

I know you've got a downer on Werner, but he's a freebie who's already won us some points in Son's absence whch have now got us into the top 4. He's playing matches for the first time in ages and in a system he's never seen before.

We've now got 4 wingers for 2 places. Great. If Richi gets injured, Son as CF. Werner left, Johnson/Kulu right. If Son gets injured, Werner LW as he's been during Asia games.

Luckily, others like Ange and myself have a bit of brains to keep such things happening

Phew! Ange has got you on speed dial for those tricky selection decisions and who to sub and when!!

I feel SOOOO much more confident about this season now!!

:ange-clap:

Literally the first thing I thought when I saw that vid.

People keep talking as if we cannot upgrade on Richy and that he should be first choice, these are the kind of situations where he lacks, it's not just about goals, we already have a goalscorer in Son - we need someone who is better at linking the play and playing first time passes.

Obviously, Richy is not Kane. Kane is the best 9/10 hybrid in the world.

Kane doesn't give you half the work pressing out of possession that Richy does. And whilst Richy isn't Kane and he doesn't have Son's pace behind, here is a tactico also making the point that his build up work was key in both our goals, especially the winner

View: https://x.com/NathanAClark/status/1757476874089840902?s=20

I like the Zirkzee striker as that 9/10 hybrid and also De Kaetelere when I've seen him but both are also a trade off when it comes to the hard work pressing. If you can find a player that gives you:

Constant movement without touching the ball.
1 or 2 touch finishes
Out of possession pressing and aggression.
And a step up in quality in the build up

Then sure go and get that player but you'd also need to move Richy on because Son also plays #9.

Or, you look at Richy and the way he fits what Ange has asked for from all his strikers and go looking for an elite wide player that plays with Son now and takes over from him as a starter eventuallly.

Last edited:

People keep talking as if we cannot upgrade on Richy and that he should be first choice, these are the kind of situations where he lacks, it's not just about goals, we already have a goalscorer in Son - we need someone who is better at linking the play and playing first time passes.
Oshimen is a potential option but not with FFP looming large and Leeds / risk

Obviously, Richy is not Kane. Kane is the best 9/10 hybrid in the world.

Kane doesn't give you half the work pressing out of possession that Richy does. And whilst Richy isn't Kane and he doesn't have Son's pace behind, here is a tactico also making the point that his build up work was key in both our goals, especially the winner

View: https://x.com/NathanAClark/status/1757476874089840902?s=20

I like the Zirkzee striker as that 9/10 hybrid and also De Kaetelere when I've seen him but both are also a trade off when it comes to the hard work pressing. If you can find a player that gives you:

Constant movement without touching the ball.
1 or 2 touch finishes
Out of possession pressing and aggression.
And a step up in quality in the build up

Then sure go and get that player but you'd also need to move Richy on because Son also plays #9.

Or, you look at Richy and the way he fits what Ange has asked for from all his strikers and go looking for an elite wide player that plays with Son now and takes over from him as a starter eventuallly.

Go get Sesko

Go get Sesko
I thought he looked a wee bit wasteful to be honest. He's an incredible talent, but for the money quoted you'd expect someone coming in a bit closer to the finished article. He doesn't strike me as a *massive* upgrade on Richie at this moment in time, certainly not worth £80m or whatever they want.

add to this his lack of ability to win fouls when we are under pressure, When we had Kane he would win fouls in our half to releave the defence

I thought he looked a wee bit wasteful to be honest. He's an incredible talent, but for the money quoted you'd expect someone coming in a bit closer to the finished article. He doesn't strike me as a *massive* upgrade on Richie at this moment in time, certainly not worth £80m or whatever they want.

He's 20

When Kulu had his shot saved and when Madders bent his shot round the post both times Werner was waiting in acres of space for the pass that would have been a tap-in. Lets not write him off too quickly

No, I am not writing him off :)

On contrary - I think starting him and bringing in Son was absolutely right way to go.
Just because that Timo can work hard and put in a shift so Son, having played gazillion minutes, could come in from the bench and put a dot on i / icing on the cake ;) .

He was pretty effective.

Got several crosses in, one I felt Richi should have done better with
One disappointing one straight to keeper
Had the beating of Lamptey on the outside
And inside, a mazy run ending in a shot deflected just wide, keeper beaten
He gave them a lot of bother. And Lamptey is no mug.

Yes, but it was the only thing he'd done and for the first time there was space down the left (partly caused by Richi moving into space for his first involvement)

Good cross to far post. Identical to Werner's for Johnson's goal v Brentford

I know you've got a downer on Werner, but he's a freebie who's already won us some points in Son's absence whch have now got us into the top 4. He's playing matches for the first time in ages and in a system he's never seen before.

We've now got 4 wingers for 2 places. Great. If Richi gets injured, Son as CF. Werner left, Johnson/Kulu right. If Son gets injured, Werner LW as he's been during Asia games.

Phew! Ange has got you on speed dial for those tricky selection decisions and who to sub and when!!

I feel SOOOO much more confident about this season now!!

:ange-clap:

1) Lot of blah,blah,blah. Doesn't change the fact it all went down EXACTLY as I said it would.
Grow a pair and admit it ffs.

2) No, I have absolutely nothing against Timo. I was specifically suggesting to start him and bring Son on from bench. I get that you are immature enough to admit that I was right and you were wrong, but please, do not throw around 100% made up shit to protect your little ego.

Back
Top Bottom