Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

no my problem is your hypocritical nature.

Criticising is one thing but stating that a raffle should be conducted so one of the fans can come into the team instead of Johnson as they'd be better is the same shit you have over the years had a go at other posters about. It's over the top and just a flat out ridiculous comment to make at one of our own players.

Make excuses about your lack of posting in match threads all you want but people can just look at previous match threads and see you've done this before where you post something negative about Johnson and offer nothing else in regards to the game.

As I said crack on if that's what you want to do but never ever have a go at another poster again for doing the same. Your holier than though online personality has gone down the shitter and can't be used anymore.
You don't get to tell me what I can post, and what I can't- based on your ignorance of and inability to understand the nuances of the English language .

The delusional, hypocritical Mr Cooper at his shitty, miserable, ignorant 'finest.

Airfixx posts a lot therefor your shit doesn't stink?

You pontificated a load of shite about the above disease that turns out to be bullshit so you must flip the matter to be about something else to save face?

Jog on you absolute cunt.
bait taken

Hopefully that result doesn't distract Ange from the fact that we got away with one there. Could have easily been a 2-1 loss in those last 10 minutes.
Probably some of the worst football I've seen from us this season. Noticeable that we weren't pushing the full backs into inverted positions either for some reason.
Indeed but people keep saying that every week until following week. Nothing appears to change in terms of performance. Again why is the first half so bad. Ange said himself but he says that AFTER every game. Not sure what they are doing to fix it. The players know what’s at stake or should so why come out half arsed and sloppy. Why are they not mentallly on it from the start. Surely Ange has also got to do something in the first half. He can see what’s going on so needs to shout out from the touch line. Get some instructions on when there is a break in play. Cannot keep waiting till half time to sort it out. Against real top teams they could be out of sight.
Another thing is our in ability to score more than 2 goals in most games and go for the kill.
Anyways great 3 points and hopefully v wolves we are stronger. I’d still be tempted to drop the wide players and play extra midfielder.

Like fuck was that a pen.........

Wellbeck stands on Mickey's ankle/foot and then falls over!!!

J1O9Ezl.png

(Sorry for low quality image.... I'm rocking a pause button without frame-by-frame on the IPlayer.)
Even the ex Pro's are mystified when it comes to analysing penalty decisions these days. I don't particularly ascribe to the assertion retired footballers would make good refs it just requires an average IQ and 20/20 vision as a base standard.

What get's my goat about this decision is the over protection of the attacking player, fuelling the premise the lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum...at a time when our GK has been criticised for not being physical enough in the goal mouth we now have the ridiculous situation where the officials are basing their decisions on whether or not a defender has come into contact with the attacker within the penalty area which is absurd, anywhere else on the pitch and its not even a free kick.

At the very least the attacker should be in possession of the ball and then be judged on whether an opposing player has committed a foul thereby preventing a goal and neither appear to be the case in this instance so where the feck was VAR my lord where was VAR?

Kulu, I hope you are reading this if you are somewhere watching,
Kulu again number of times in the game has plenty of green grass in front of him but never does. He always stops and then passes back. As for crossing why does he not want to cross the ball. I mean even when he does they are shite. We should call him Dracula as he hates crosses.
Having said that I actually in the 10 min period before the equaliser he actually stepped up and started to run with the ball. That at least shows the defenders hold on he might try to take me on rather than cut in. He also played a good pass to Sarr for the goal. Take note that was a first time pass into space instead of his usual dawdling. I thought we should have waited at least 5 mins for the subs as the players were buzzing and playing with more confidence especially kulu. We could have got another with that momentum. As it was the subs completely lost our momentum.

I don't particularly ascribe to the assertion retired footballers would make good refs it just requires an average IQ and 20/20 vision as a base standard.

100%

Screw the repeated idea of them being needed in the VAR booth too........... Over and over again, it's all too clear that they don't know the rules and just speak on the basis of what they feel the so-called spirit of the game should be based on how they romantically remember it from their playing days.

I mean; imagine such lectures coming from cunts like Keane & Souness who had no problem with deliberately trying to injure people... FFS.

"The spirit of the game" my arse. :pochrolleyes:

Last edited:
Scenes at Johnson's goal in the stadium were among the craziest I've seen. Couldn't have a beer before as I was on strong painkillers and Diazepam for vertebrae problems.
This didn't stop my mates form leaping all over me, though. Thought fuck it, had a couple after and went home feeling no pain.
Follow me for updates on "Arthur's Back.' :porrosmile:

Scenes at Johnson's goal in the stadium were among the craziest I've seen. Couldn't have a beer before as I was on strong painkillers and Diazepam for vertebrae problems.
This didn't stop my mates form leaping all over me, though. Thought fuck it, had a couple after and went home feeling no pain.

One ‘f’ or two?

Sheff united was good. Was near away end and went crazy when kulusevski scored winner.

A lot of people get frustrated watching at times here. If i was watching in a pub i wouldnt be on this. Id be venting with mates etc. Watching from home means sometimespeople come on and give out here their only outlet. Yes people go too far but i think 80% of people are just saying what they see in that moment
100%. If your at the match the pendulum of emotions and view points swing with every kick. One min your screaming dogs abuse at a player for miss placed pass. The next you’re cheering the same player.
It’s only after the game where you can stand back and analyse properly in the bigger picture.
I’d say points wise we are doing great however performance wise not so. We certainly arnt pummelling teams with chances created, shots and consistent build up of pressure. Thus what I think most favs are waiting for that ability to really go for it with pace.

Literally just heard the radio say that about Liverpool and how "they weren't very good today, but got the job done... that's the mark of champions".

:dembelefingers:
I guess that’s bcos they have been in the top two for most of the last few years and actually won it once. We don’t have that same pedigree. If the sane were applied you could say that about most trans most weeks.

Screw the repeated idea of them being needed in the VAR booth too........... Over and over again,

The ex-footballers in the media repeat the idea over and over again because it’s an easy and lazy discussion point, and because they are safe in the knowledge it would never happen in a million years. As much as I’d love Neville or Carragher to leave Sky and take a massive pay cut to put their heads in the stocks at Stockley park and become even more loathed, I’m just not that lucky.

Last edited:
The ex-footballers in the media repeat the idea over and over again because it’s an easy and lazy discussion point, and because they are safe in the knowledge it would never happen in a million years. As much as I’d love Neville or Carragher to take leave Sky and take a massive pay cut to put their heads in the VAR stocks at Stockley park and become even more loathed and vilified, I’m just not that lucky.

Fuck that.... They need to steer well clear of any position of influence.

They've comparatively harmless tucked away on Sky where i rarely have to suffer their BS.

Back
Top Bottom