Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every single game even though I’m always confident we’ll win. Never felt that way before and I quite like it. Strange you mentioned that 🤣

It was brought up on TFC podcast funnily enough. Thought to myself, fuck they're right. Even under Poch, I was never just nervous going into every single game. Big games, sure but not every game like I feel this season.

I'll be shitting it tomorrow before kick off and everytime they attack. Even though I am confident we'll win.

It was brought up on TFC podcast funnily enough. Thought to myself, fuck they're right. Even under Poch, I was never just nervous going into every single game. Big games, sure but not every game like I feel this season.

I'll be shitting it tomorrow before kick off and everytime they attack. Even though I am confident we'll win.
I read this as 'I was brought up on the TFC podcast' and was alarmed for you.

Glad that never happened.

4 me this'll be A good game to gauge how we've progressed. Or not as the case maybe .. Though, could b wrong, but we've a decent enuf track record against them in recent years ..been a while since we've actually looked better than them .. so we'll see...

Anyone else going into games this season just ridiculously nervous?

Like more nervous than they've ever felt heading into games in the past?

Genuinely I’m weirdly calm and have been about us for a little while.

I know things won’t always go our way but I’m loving what we’re building.

Might as well enjoy the ride, innit.

Not nervous. Just excited.

The worst thing that can happen to you with football is to give a fuck.

We've been conditioned as Spurs fans to not give a fuck or expect good teams to pay out. This season has been no different when you look at how we were flying and then the injuries and suspensions hit.

But fuck all that, this team is too talented and mentally tough to just melt away like teams in the past. An extra weeks of fitness, the urge to cheer Sonny up, anger simmering after the loss at theirs, from Ange all the way down to the end of the bench they will be fucking raging for this game.

In Tenerife, Costa Adeje for this, anyone know decent pubs that'll show the game?
I can’t remember the name but there is a pub above a row of shops that will show it. Just down from hard rock hotel. I watched the stupid 3-2 loss to Ronaldo there last year. Beer was cheap. Full of brits abroad and run by brits. You know the vibe.

Edit just googled it. The Britannia (of course!). Won’t win any awards but you’ll see the game. Although you asked for “decent” so……

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Update:

ZzoEOu3.jpeg

Forster, Emerson, Davies, Romero, Bissouma, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Johnson, Scarlett

That is some top notch thinking here...

"Oh, we have everyone back? Well, ain't this a good time to get season ending injury for our captain!"

06.02 - played full 99 minutes
4 days rest
02.02 - played full 137 minutes (9+6+2)
3 days rest
30.01 - played full 139 minutes (extra time 12+1+6 min !!)
5 days rest
25.01 - played full 105 minutes (yes, 15 minutes extra time)
5 days rest
20.01 - played full 103 minutes
5 days rest
15.01 - played full 99 minutes

He did not miss one second of his team playing time.
That ended up 682 (!!!) fucking minutes. That is roughly 11,5 hours of football in span of 23 days.
All that while being their captain - lot of mental pressure.

While Sarr, who is 10 years younger, played much less minutes and had no time difference did not start the first game back?

So - alright. Who has the balls to ACTUALLY make a bet about Son starting.
I am willing to put 25 EUR down that he does not. I'll wait if anyone can stand behind their words or just make big words.

I have no problems with starting with Werner on the wing and Richie on the top. If score requires, we can bring on Sonny for last 20 minutes. If we are in secure lead, I'd be totally fine with him staying there.

We need him back for the next 14 games.

View: https://twitter.com/Daily_Hotspur/status/1755944076468216157

Much of my time on this forum is like this. *sigh*

If I don't feel nervous, it usually goes horribly wrong. So yes, I'm nervous for this one but looking forward to seeing us play.
You just never know what's going to happen - the best and worst thing about supporting Spurs :)

Back
Top Bottom