Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GF_bvtVXEAAJ94C

State of some so called fans here.
Maybe you can wait till the final whistle next time before you melt.

Look on the bright side... Most of those cunts will disappear back into the woodwork for a few days now until it's time to predict misery all over again.

The barmy game of football.

We equalise, you think ok momentum is with us lets push on from here, but oh no... For the rest of the match we yet again have zero control, fuck all pressure, and can barely complete a pass for the rest of the match. And yet.....

Kulusevski is toilet, you're glad for any change. Johnson comes on and proceeds to be absolutely aids in every single metric of football - technical, intelligence, desire, whatever - and even for the goal he doesn't exactly make a purposeful run to be picked out by his man (the last thing I shouted at the telly was "Johnson you've got to fucking run for him" as Sonny went down the left). And yet.....

Thank fuck for the win, it's never not beautiful to snatch victory like that at the death, but bloody hell. We've got to get those standards back up, zip the ball around tons better, and control the fucking game much better than we are at the moment.

Right, I'm off to rage at the egg chasing.

I guess you one of the Neysayers.
Neysayers [sic]? Not necessarily...just pointing out that it becomes hard to pick out who 'started a move' in a sequence of play. richie was integral though...for 60M being useful is the least we can expect I'm sure you'll agree. And though there should be no gold star for doing your job, he has been way more useful of late.

What a smash and grab! Get the fuck in!

Good in moments, dross in others. Went completely off the boil once we scored and looked well on course to gift Brighton a winner.

3 points all that matters at this stage.

Will put the performance down to rust and unsettled squad. Another full week's training to get Biss and Son up to speed.

For all Johnson's faults, I don't think Kulu has the legs to get on the end of that cross. Those back post tap ins are classic Ange ball. As long as he keeps getting on the end of those tap ins it's all good. Maybe worth trying Werner on the right next week.

Lots to work on but that's a vital win.

Why does everyone keep saying this ffs lol

Hardly smash and grab, we were better than Brighton in pretty much every aspect today - the only thing Brighton managed to do better than us is press and play out of the ours over the course of the match

Wasn't the greatest performance I'll give you that but Brighton setup really well off the ball and setup traps all over the park but we were pretty much mostly on top for the majority.

am.png

stats1.png

stats2.png

About time we had a bit of luck to be honest. Sometimes feels that we are battling bent officials and anti Spurs commentators and pundits all the time. Hope we have spoiled a few of their evenings
COYS!
Try watching it with the Spanish commentary. The guy sang a love song to Brennan Johnson when he scored. And most of it you can't understand, so it's just noise and footballers' names. Much less annoying - in fact it's not annoying at all.

Back
Top Bottom