Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Maddison starts from the bench for this, with an eye on starting against Everton.

Unless he can start both…
fitness wise Maddison may be getting up to speed, but does he trust his ankle ? on the display against City think its going to take sometime

After the game Ange said that Maddison couldn’t start City but is good to go from now.

He’s 100% starting against Brentford IMO

Ange still had me scratching my head on this.

Bentancur at 6 looked so good. Still Maddison is back so he can just plug Skipp in now and play Bentancur back at the 6
Bentacur with Maddison and Skipp could be a decent combo. I don’t think we’ll see the best of Madison for a long while though tbh

I don't think Madders should start but I think Madders will start.
Ange will take the long term view that getting as many minutes as possible for this key player is more important than picking our best 100% fit XI.

I actually right now hate Brentford more than any other club right now. I am nota rationa person but my main points:
•They are not premier league
•The mangager is a prick
•Toney is a cunt.( up there with sol. )
•Media are cunts for fawning over said cunt

That’s it for nows

I actually right now hate Brentford more than any other club right now. I am nota rationa person but my main points:
•They are not premier league
•The mangager is a prick
•Toney is a cunt.( up there with sol. )
•Media are cunts for fawning over said cunt

That’s it for nows
You missed:

•They've hijacked our deal for Antonio Nusa

:ange-blow:

What are the odds we lose back to back games? Toney will know, but I’m not having it. Fully backing us to dust ourselves off and return to winning ways now that we’ve got Maddison back in the fold.

Here are five fun facts about the suburb of Brentford for those not from the area.

Brentford’s season so far.

They are 14th in the league on 22 points.

Last 5 games
Sheffield (A) - Lost 1-0
Villa (H) - Lost 2-1
Wolves (H) - Lost 4-1
Palace (A) - Lost 3-1
Forest (H) - Won 3-2

The media darling and self proclaimed best striker/human being on the face of the earth, Ivan Toney is back. You can bet your bottom dollar Toney will want to get on the score sheet and you know he’ll be betting on it too. Other than that, they’re a shower of shite at the moment and we really should be dispatching them.

—————————-​
Current team picks itself imo. Højbjerg aside from a couple of brain farts at the end of the City game played well. Deserves his spot on Wednesday. With Maddison back, he’s got to start. Kulu isn’t great in that role, couldn’t release Werner or Johnson and really blunted our attack against what was a very good, well drilled City side who pressed the shit out of us.

Werner - Richarlison - Kulusevski
Maddison
Bentancur - Højbjerg
Udogie - VDV - Romero - Porro
Vicario
Still missing Sarr, Bissouma and Sonny who will be a big boost for us when they return. All in the knock out stages of AFCON/Asia Cup, go well lads. If Senegal and Mali win their next games, they’ll be facing each other in the next round so we’ll be getting one of our boys back in the next week or so at the latest.

Hope you’re all doing well, ladies/gents.

COYS.
They have a Steam Museum and some Art Deco buildings by the flyover.
(Said in a train spotter styleeee.) :king:

I don't think Madders should start but I think Madders will start.
Ange will take the long term view that getting as many minutes as possible for this key player is more important than picking our best 100% fit XI.

No chance he starts after what we saw on Friday. He didn’t want to make a tackle or get too involved because he is still scared of getting hurt. He had a serious injury so I don’t blame him. I bet it’s 25/30 mins again.

Brentford did a job on us last time at our place. Was probably worst hime display ive seen for a long time. They will be well organised. Early goal and high intensity should get the 3 points for us.
Yep. Complete with PA system turned up to 11 to drown the boos and a rather embarrassing awards ceremony and laps of 'honour'. Cringe-y.
Put this right on Wednesday. Same starting lineup as City.

Back
Top Bottom