Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because the ref is allowing Brentford to cheat, dive, time waste, kick balls away, wind players up constantly.

We're playing like shit. But the referee still needs to do his job.
It's crazy to me that Brentford have been rewarded over and over again for playing like a bunch of cheating fuckers. Time wasting at every set piece, doing chippy fouls and getting involved with players to try and wind them up. Maupay alone is trying to instigate a fight with almost everybody on our team and has only got a yellow card so far.

Their gameplan has been half football, half non-football tbh... and it's working.
Brentford are a truly fucking horrible team...

...and to think, I didn't really mind them an hour ago!!

Not any fucking more!

I hope we annihilate the fuckers 2nd half....

Garbage performance that half. Destiny mistakes aside that wasn't good from any of them .
Attack is really wank and defence is wide open , who's supposed to be the 6? Think without bissouma it's better hojbjerg stay there

Jesus that was painful.

I guess this is Ange ball with wingers who don't possess any threat. It ends up just being recycled endlessly with a lonely Richarlison against 3 CBs in the box.

Porro and Udogie are adding nothing to the attack so we just have Bentancur and Maddison passing it around in the middle trying to squeeze one through to Richy who gets crowded out.

I suppose all we can hope for is Brentford gassing as they've worked very hard that half.

We just look out of ideas going forward.

Also what the fuck is that defensive free kick set up? Toney nearly scored the exact same goal as Pau Torres. Allowing free headers from the edge of the box doesn't seem a great tactic.

Probably one of the worst attacking performances I have seen from us under Ange, we look clueless and like we could play for 100 hours and not score.

Also, one of the WORST refs I have ever seen in this league, hands down, I say worst but it has nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with the fact he is a biased idiot.

Also, Brentford and their anti-football and Maupay luring us into the trap and we are falling for it, that's the difference between us and a title winning side, the lack of maturity, even from Maddison, we need leadership not poor discipline.
Agree. We need a game changer type of player.

Not sure why Werner is responsible for this game. He's just doing what he's told by the gameplan. Not his fault Udogie handed them a goal on a plate or that Bents, Porro, and Maddison can't find a pass.

Werner is an easy scapegoat. Deki has been poor, the midfield have moved the ball way too slowly. The whole team is moving the ball too slowly because I suspect the quick breaks and the opening goal has subconsciously affected them. You can see it by how when there is the opportunity to break we slow down play. The low risk nature of chance creation as well as some tentativeness on the ball is the problem here. But sure, Werner is shit and if we just had Son we'd be 2-0 up... doubt it somehow. Brentford are a nightmare and it takes bravery to break them down. Something like Brentford are what Conte wanted to turn us into, thank God he didn't. I want to see the best version of Angeball, not the best version of this at Spurs.

Deki has been the worst of the bunch guys. Offering the middle of a doughnut. Until we start using Porro on the overlap and get these cunts defending this game end up 2-0. Werner at least is busy but end product woeful. Richy working his balls off again. Must be horrid playing as the central striker for us against a team like Brentford.
Udogie needs to get a rocket up his arse and start fucking running at players with a bit of urgency. Skippy doing his job well. Madders and bentancur started brilliant but now because we are behind there is no space to play. We have to move this ball quicker and make them move.
I’d be shocked if Deki starts the second half. Get Johnson in and start turning it in behind.
This is still here for us but this type of game shows us how far we are away. Not enough guile middle to front.
We miss Sarr so much.

Back
Top Bottom