Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need an overhaul I agree, but after tonight I don't think Levy will be handing over a wad of cash to Poch in January and saying 'sort it'. The problem needs a fresh pair of eyes, someone with no favourites just a hard,mercenary look at who is shaping up and who isn't.
Poch will be considering his future this evening and I cannot blame him. His dynasty is crumbling before our eyes. Yes Bayern are a cracking side but at home you should never concede 7 goals. Spurs are supposed to be better than that, but they are not.
He doesn't need more time, he doesn't need more money, he needs to say goodbye now before it gets any more embarrassing. Whether he will or not, for the moment, depends on Poch but Levy will eventually tire of excuses just as I now have.

There’s no positives tonight mate

After the first 30 minutes we fell apart

No fight
No pride
No fucking idea

I Feel embarrassed and humiliated

The buck stops with the Manager

Team selection
Substitutes
Tactics
Morale
Know how

He never won anything before rocking up here and he never will

Get rid before our seasons over
They might have got 7, but we got the Audi Cup.

Never forget.

jjFjaWQ.jpg

Gazza, Davies, Sanchez, Wanayama, Alli, Eriksen, Kane

:levylol:

Drops Kane (despite insisting "I don't mean drop him" in another thread").
Ndombele @ 10.
Foyth debut at DM.

"Think" he says....

Munchen fan, blatantly.

Freshen up a little, go for solidity and play on the counter as they'll leave loads of space in behind if we let them....

Cruyff
KWP / Toby / Jan / Davies
Winks / Dier / Ndombele
Lucas / Kane / Son

Likely subs on: Lamela, Sissoko & ???

No scrappy win for me. I want us to systematically take them apart with non stop pressing and 'in your face' aggression. An early goal in the first 15 mins to settle the nerves followed by a second to kill them off just before half time. Doesn't matter what changes they make for the second half, we come out all guns blazing and go three up on the hour. Dazed,battered and bewildered we continue to pummel them and on the 75th minute make two substitutions that ensure the pace remains relentless. Unable to breathe they totter about the pitch desperately trying for some meaningful possession. We press forward again and in the last five minutes put the icing on the cake with a Harry Kane screamer from 30 yards out. 4-0 Get In !!

:thumbup: :coys:

DARE TO DREAM

These are the games that can turn form around, it’s really important we show up in this, not just for the points. It’s been a bad start to the season but let’s get behind the boys tonight, i for one will be singing my nut off

This can get us back on track

We were quite obviously trying to get something from the game with a glimmer of hope at 2-4. Can’t be surprised that we left ourselves more open. It’s obviously embarrassing - but that’s the gamble. We were already losing. The game was lost either side of halftime.
I'm more ashamed that around 70 minutes (at 2-4) I still thought we had a dramatic 4-4 in us!!

More fool me!

Well, where to even start with that one...

Firstly I think we have to say some of Bayerns football was breathtaking at times and I honestly think if they were playing any other Premier League team bar Liverpool they would have scored 3 or 4 goals as well.

Looking at our deficiencies though(and there are many), I think it's beginning to look like it boils down to the fact we are simply incapable as a team to play the style of play the manager wants anymore, through a combination of a lack of quality/ability in certain areas and some players just not putting in the effort they once did.

Looking at our back four, Serge was his erattic self, and Jan and Rose looked like two players who are past their sell by date.

In midfield, I've said this before and I'll say it again, we are going absolutely nowhere with Winks anchoring as the last line between midfield and defense. He is so out of his depth/out of position it is actually scandalous, and it baffles me that he is continuously picked there. Perhaps we have no one else, but I honestly don't see how Dier could be any worse.

Up front we are crippled by a lack of width as a result of full backs who are incapable of providing it and Son quite obviously being told to stay central as the first presser.

I honestly don't know where we go from here. I'm confident in saying getting rid of the manager is not the road to go. This type situation has happened countless times to managers at Tottenham over the last decade. For once I'd like to see what happens if the manager is the one who stays, and it's not up to some new bloke to rejig the team and cut the Deadwood. But are the current ownership capable/willing to do this? I dont know.

Back
Top Bottom