Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We went to the Nou Camp needing a draw and got it, more than capable of going to Amsterdam and getting a win.

Just hope we dont play so shit against Bournemouth.... finishing below that lot and them winning the europa would be quite the cunt.

Different kettle of fish , it was a great great great night in Barcelona but I was there Sat in the home end and the fans didn't give a shit about the game all the noise was Spurs and they had a weak team out , Ajax will be strongest team with their fans roaring them on we are big underdogs now.

[/QUOTE]
Disappointed with the result but we are far from out of it. Ajax are not a team who are going to sit back and go ultra defensive all game, and with Son back, we are more than capable of scoring at their place. 1 goal and the away goals rule is fucked for them anyway.

But let's just get Bournemouth done first - a scrappy 1 nil win will do me fine. Fuck performances at this stage.
Absolutley agree..just get over the line..tbh im fairly confident about the return leg that we'll overturn the goal against.

Different kettle of fish , it was a great great great night in Barcelona but I was there Sat in the home end and the fans didn't give a shit about the game all the noise was Spurs and they had a weak team out , Ajax will be strongest team with their fans roaring them on we are big underdogs now.

We are, but so fucking what. We're going to do 'em at their own place. Humiliate them so badly that they'll never, EVER be the same....again.

I guess it is hope that kills you..

Last night I was upset, today I've accepted that it is only half time and only 1-0 and that we are due some fortune with Son and Kane ( Praying) returning. Perhaps if we show up vs Bournemouth and get a result the hope will return.

Gotta be positive.

Been to sleep. Woke up

STILL FUCKING ANGRY.
My feelings exactly. Not that we narrowly lost with a mediocre performance but because for some unknown reason I was unable to buy my usual seat, despite it being taken not by Ajax but by Spurs fans. And because that meant I ended up among the worst set of supporters I have ever seen, who couldn't open their mouths without yelling expletives at Spurs players, found it impossible to sit in their seats so that those around them could see the game and who abused me for my heritage. £81.50 utterly wasted, I wanted to be there for the occasion and ended up in the middle of a bunch of knuckle-dragging neanderthals. And the men were worse.

....and literally not a Copper in sight!
Lots of mobile phone footage, so, hey, y'know... that'll do the trick!
That's because they were all at Northumberland Park stopping Spurs fans getting home while they kindly let 100 Ajax fans trot back to their hotels.

Baffles me why we get held in the stadium for an hour after the game in any European away game yet other teams come to England and get treated like royalty. But hey, we're English football fans so we're scum!

Back late last night - feel a bit deflated this morning.

HOWEVER

Jan's injury did us a massive favour - without that I doubt we'd have seen Poch changing to a back four till at least the 60 minute mark and so for that we kinda lucked out as they were threatening to be 2 or 3 goals to the good by half time - thank god for the enforced change - just hope Jan's ok.

Sissoko is a gladiator and Man of the match.

Llorente - lazy and put in probably 45 percent effort.

Dele and Eriksen...... Well they were terrible no idea why.

Dele in particular was upsetting as he had zero movement off the ball - even more worrying is that he never ever once showed or yelled or put his arm up for the ball - It was almost as if he didn't want it and was hoping to just coast the night with someone else doing the work. He only really seemed to give a toss in about the 91st minute.

Positive is that its only 1-0......if we get a goal over there then its almost advantage us as Ajax will have a massive problem of needing to score but being worried about conceding a second as then they'd need 2.

Now we need to dust ourselves off and get back in the game......

If we won over there 1-0 in the first leg, we would in no way think Ajax were out of it and we were all but through so the same applies to us.

They’ve become shite and they would still be shite if we had Gattuso in middle

Eriksen's been average to poor since Christmas. Dele seems to be constantly injured. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still carrying one.

Competition for places keeps people's mind focused. Eriksen and Dele have no competition for their places. They play even if in a poor run of form or half-fit.

sun1.jpg
UEFA probe - wtf?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS !

To add to that post - Champions League Semi Final and we bring on a CB to play full back when chasing the game. To Dare is to Do !

... added to the fact that we were already playing a fullback as a makeshift midfielder!

Fair play to Rose, I've given him a lot of criticism for his midfield performances this season, but last night he was quite good!

I still have a very good feeling we'll beat them in the second leg and go through. As soon as we changed formation with the beast Sissoko on Ajax looked like a different team. Do that again with Son up front and we'll score. I really think we're destined to be in the final at least...

ArcspacE ArcspacE

Instead of blanket disagreeing posts without reading them because they are critical of certain players, why not explain what exactly you thought they brought to last nights game instead.

The only excuse I’ve heard of Dele is “he’s 23” and then someone posts some 4 year old stats

Nobody knows what you think. You never say anything about the team.

You’re so hopelessly clueless of your general understanding of the game it makes little difference what a write. Your little agenda is beyond laughable

-wanting to sell 2 of our best players because of few poor games and calling Dele Jenas. You’re pitiful

-making excuses for Trippier all season claiming he was playing with an injury and is a ‘trier’ but never extend the same to Dele For example

-making libelous accusations toward Poch and our medical team for intentionally playing Kane injured

-calling posters on here cunts for 3 months last summer who wanted our team strengthened and CM especially. Everyone with an ounce of football intellect could see Dembele is finished (he even said it himself) and Sissoko was nowhere near what he is now plus he’s one player.

As I said - you have no real grasp of the game

Get Kane off the treatment table, stick a needle in his ankle and ask him for 60 minutes next Wednesday.

Same goes for Sissoko. Even Lamela!

What have they/we to lose?

Back
Top Bottom