Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting the thread back on track... do we think we'll focus on set pieces in attack?

Cannot see where the goals will come from from open play.

My heart says Toby will score one of his front-post trademark headers, and Eriksen will score his first set-piece in 3 years; my head says...

I'm starting the day by a visit to White City, where I will be watching Loose Women! Booked ages ago, never really believing (but always hoping!) that we would be in the semi-final of the Champions League!
Won't have time to go home, so will make my way to the Coach and Horses a bit earlier than usual. I'll be wearing a yellow jacket, so please come and say 'hi'.
Literally nervous and excited in equal measures :)
Hi

Feeling very nervous. Pretty much every neutral seems to be reckoning Ajax will win, but our Champions League performances the past two seasons have been about us doing really well unexpectedly. I think the English teams in the competition are just a lot better than the other countries this season, so while Ajax have beaten Real Madrid and Juventus I reckon a Premier League team will be a different type of test for them.

Anything can happen. I'm used to this side surprising me. COYS!

(Very relieved at moments like this that I've been prescribed beta-blockers for my anxiety!)

Feeling very nervous. Pretty much every neutral seems to be reckoning Ajax will win, but our Champions League performances the past two seasons have been about us doing really well unexpectedly. I think the English teams in the competition are just a lot better than the other countries this season, so while Ajax have beaten Real Madrid and Juventus I reckon a Premier League team will be a different type of test for them.

Anything can happen. I'm used to this side surprising me. COYS!

(Very relieved at moments like this that I've been prescribed beta-blockers for my anxiety!)
Honestly, I prefer this way round - with the weight of expectation on Ajax rather than us.

That hasn't been the case in their last two knockout ties - and look what happened.

No, the last thing I'd want is for our players to get complacent in any way, which I can't see them doing here.

tenor.gif

To make you all feel better going into tomorrow night, a quick reminder that Ajax beat a Juventus team that lost Champions League ties against Young Boys, Man U & Atletico Madrid this year & a Real Madrid team that lost home & away to CSKA Moscow as well as 10 games in La Liga which mathmatically leaves them 5 points worse off than where we are at the moment, albeit with a game in hand.

We hear about the huge scalps Ajax have taken but very little is mentioned about Juventus also losing to Young Boys + Man U at home etc & Real Madrid getting done not just once but TWICE against CSKA Moscow.

Believe in the boys, our boys who have achieved positive results against Barcelona & Man City this campaign, the two favourites for the tournament before the season started.

Don't expect the boys to give their all to us if you can't do the same for them for a solid two hours tomorrow. No voices left, this is the moment we really do become a 12th man! COYS!!!

:tobyarm:

To think Im sitting here discussing a semi final in the CL, after the start we had in our group is just unfathomable at times.

Bring it on ladies and gents...

Having a stinker.

Already followed through, dropped my flannel in the khazi and sat on my bins.

All before 5.00am.

Can only mean one thing, we are going to fucking SMASH them tonight!

Or I'm an incontinent senile old cunt.

Back
Top Bottom