Tottenham Hotspur - Hull Tigers (Capital One Cup) - Block J 1945KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a time for 1882 to step up to the plate with the timing of the managers comments about the home support.

I believe we can galvanize our fanbase into giving our players the proper support that they deserve when everyone else see's the ticker tape falling from the air and renditions of "Oh when the Spurs" rings in their ears..

Okay, im getting a bit sentimental but the guvnor's comments need to be responded to.

Lets have more of this;

article-2422018-02C340E9000004B0-530_634x422.jpg

My team for the game;

----------------------------Friedel-----------------------------
Naughton---Chiriches---Kaboul/Dawson----Fryers
---------------Dembele-------Paulinho------------------
Lamela-----------------Eriksen-------------Gylfi--------
----------------------------Defoe-----------------------------

Prediction 3-0 with the fans scoring all of them.

COME ON YOU SPURS

We sung it in France
And we it sung it in Spain,
We sing in the sun
And we sing in the rain,
They tried to stop us and look what it did,
It made me prouder to be a Yid.
Being a Yid, being a Yid
What I love most is being a Yid!

I have about 8 verses for that song, but we'll stick to just the one for now...

Took my family to the game on Wednesday, my son Aled who supports Spurs my daughter Ffion who now supports Spurs and the wife who has had little interest in football until now. Even though myself am a Wrexham fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the match. The build up around the ground was amazing a real football club in a real footballing area. The club had put a lot of activities on for the kids who really enjoyed themselves and my daughter was chosen to take a penalty at Chirpy at half time. The staff around the ground are fantastic. The game itself was very enjoyable lots of quality football by Spurs, Vertonghen is ace and when Lamela settles (and buy's boots with proper studs) will be a good player. I've finished painting my sons room in white and navy with a Spurs border, curtains, quilt, pennant etc around his room. For the first time in my life I have a top flight team to follow (I will always support Wrexham that will never change). Tottenham have a great team, friendly staff, are a quality club with a fantastic atmosphere both in and around White Hart Lane and have the best supporters in the Premier League, Thanks for a fabulous day out in North London..

Last edited:
1) I think that in a vacuum Siggy's goal was the best we've seen since Danny Rose on his Premier league debut.

2) Harry Kane with another great cameo. Took his goal superbly. So what is the play with this guy? Premier league loan in January? Thoughts?

3) Gutted for Lamela. Thought he was our best attacking player from the second half through extra time. He really grew into the game. You could see the confidence was there with him taking players on. Still not all the way there but promising. Still, with all the unwarranted negative bullshit swirling around him I just knew he was going to miss his penalty. Lots of respect to him for having the bottle to take it.

4) Getting West Ham back home is excellent. Hope me come out with our mouths foaming for that one.

Overall, these two games with Hull weren't ideal but we survived and advanced in both cases.

Last edited:
Twelve clean sheets in 15 games, and fourth place in the table - just three points behind leaders Woolwich - has not been enough to satisfy sections of Tottenham's famously critical support.

Famously critical AND racist... wow, we're just a proper bunch of cunts, ain't we?

Thank you Harry for practising penalties with your team, clearly it has paid off - don't let that AVB take the credit. Defoe MOTM!

Back
Top Bottom