Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bY12ce9

Still this. Using this link:

http://imgur.com/bY12ce9

right, I don't really want to post this, but use the fucking image icon above (in posting mode)

bY12ce9.jpg

Bad performance, we will feel a bit sorry for ourselves but im sure they are proffessional enough to get over it. League status better than some weeks ago, sitting 5 th only 3 points behind rampent Liverpool with players returning. Let's enjoy the scum getting knocked off top spot. How must they feel. Bar once, they have kept top all season.

He jumped for it though - he was interfering. The linesman made two mistakes: not giving Ade offside and giving Dawson offside. The penalty was a close call, but rose definitely got dzeko's heel before the ball. Very harsh to be sent off for that though. Sendings off should be reserved for preventing a certain goal and cynical fouls to prevent goal scoring opportunities, rather than genuine attempts to get the ball.
Does all this matter. City will just out gun you regardless.. City are a Very good side and tonight, the ref messed up and we struggled big time ( again) against a big side.

We were totally and utterly out played tonight, regardless of decisions going against us we were utter gash. We had 10 days to prepare for this game, what the fuck did we do with those 10 days?...........oh that's right give everyone time off! What a fucking great decision that turned out to be. Sherwood moaned earlier that when he took over he hadn't had time to work on the training field as the games were comming thick and fast, so when he gets that chance to actually work with the team he gives them time off!
Can anyone actually tell me what our game plan was tonight? I would have gladly played for a point tonight, put 10 men behind the ball and lock them out, but clearly that wasn't how we set up. We certainly didn't set up to go toe to toe either, we had THREE attempts on goal!
I think Sherwood is playing poker with my Tottenham.

Last edited:
we just don't bother turning up for first halves anymore do we.

Since the start of the 2012-2013 season our PL GD is +19. Our first half goal differential during that period is -1. It's been a long standing problem. I don't get it.

Since the start of the 2012-2013 season our PL GD is +19. Our first half goal differential during that period is -1. It's been a long standing problem. I don't get it.

Under villas boas we actively setup to try to keep the game tight for the first 45-60 minutes, apart from a few notable exceptions we had the defensive discipline to pull it off. It wasn't pretty or exciting, but we had a plan.

Now we seem somewhere stuck between starting games with the same slow attacking play but with the mentality that we should be trying to commit men forward earlier in games. The result is being poor at both ends for the opening periods of matches rather than just offensively. Sherwood seems to be able to reorganise at half time, but that's only just working now IMO, he needs to find a way to get us out there playing from the 1st minute.

We were basically a man down at the start. Siggy did absolutely nothing as per usual. Every now and then he pips in a goal and then people forget how invisible he is for most of the game on the left. He is best as a number 10 but will not get minutes there when Eriksen is fit.

We were basically a man down at the start. Siggy did absolutely nothing as per usual. Every now and then he pips in a goal and then people forget how invisible he is for most of the game on the left. He is best as a number 10 but will not get minutes there when Eriksen is fit.

I agree with all of this except the No 10 part. For as useless as he is as a winger, he's even worse as a No 10. Doesn't score goals or create them in that position, and that is essential from the No 10. We have GOT to bring in a better LW before Friday if we want any chance of staying in the race with 'Pool and Man U.

Under villas boas we actively setup to try to keep the game tight for the first 45-60 minutes, apart from a few notable exceptions we had the defensive discipline to pull it off. It wasn't pretty or exciting, but we had a plan.

Now we seem somewhere stuck between starting games with the same slow attacking play but with the mentality that we should be trying to commit men forward earlier in games. The result is being poor at both ends for the opening periods of matches rather than just offensively. Sherwood seems to be able to reorganise at half time, but that's only just working now IMO, he needs to find a way to get us out there playing from the 1st minute.

Following the 5-2 Woolwich game last season when we hit our real run of form losing only three of the last 26 league games we still conceded first in ten of the next twenty six games. Which seems a rather staggeringly high number considering our success and defensive record. If anything AVB should be lauded for our comebacks.

Once again, I'm not trying to get into an AVB/Sherwood discussion but slow starts have been a problem even going back to Redknapp. I don't understand it and don't think any manager is to blame more than another. In recent years it has been a club problem even in times of success.

I agree with all of this except the No 10 part. For as useless as he is as a winger, he's even worse as a No 10. Doesn't score goals or create them in that position, and that is essential from the No 10. We have GOT to bring in a better LW before Friday if we want any chance of staying in the race with 'Pool and Man U.
The whole reason we bought Siggy was because of what he did as a number 10 at Swansea and Hoffenheim. That is where is value is, and he likely won't get an extended run there with this team. Playing him on the left limits our width, and forces Rose to provide it, leaving space on counters.

The whole reason we bought Siggy was because of what he did as a number 10 at Swansea and Hoffenheim. That is where is value is, and he likely won't get an extended run there with this team. Playing him on the left limits our width, and forces Rose to provide it, leaving space on counters.

What he's done in the past is all good n dandy, but what matters is what he's done for us. The single only goal I've seen him assist or create from that position at Spurs was his assist to Bale in the summer friendly against Charlton.

But you're absolutely right about his detriment to the left side. Perfect assessment. But even then, he's scored and created more from the side. When he was starting at the No 10 in August of this season, he didn't make a single through ball or incisive pass. Not one. That he's our starting left winger against a club with the quality of Manchester City this year says it all. The script of the game could've been summed up there alone.

I don't know whether Tim's post match was refreshing, or whether he's not taking it seriously. Really hard to decipher.

Do have to applaud him for just being so honest in saying that they are a ruthlessly good team at the moment. Maybe rather he didn't quite do it in a "spectator" way. I don't know. He's different though.

Have you heard sheer woods press conference I thought he was the city coach the way he spoke.As for the game it is not just this game it has been over the season I am fucked off about every season there is an excuse.we can only pray for 4th because those who are there look in my eyes they will finish there.you really have to question the board now because we just not seem to have got anywhere since we were in the champions league and major players have left

Back
Top Bottom